Dockyard - Horseshoe Bay - One Way Only

Libra_Critic

So what if you don't want a round trip ticket?

Going from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay then continuing to Hamilton, or

Going to Hamilton by Ferry, bus to Horseshoe Bay, then return to Dockyard...

Does this mean you can't use the new shuttle service?

Is there a one-way ticket being sold at Horseshoe Bay?

The problem is that the regular bus system and schedule is inadequate for taking people to the beach. #7 buses leave only every 30 minutes, and the dispatchers will not allow the bus to be filled with only tourists as residents have to take the buses to work and school.

So far there haven't been any reports of one way tickets being sold for the new beach mini bus shuttles. Perhaps someone returning from Bermuda will provide a first-hand report.

Edited by njhorseman

A one way ticket "would" be 8$ if it existed...

Taxi fare for up to 4 passenger is around 34$ from Monday to Saturday.

That would be 8,50$ each if you can split a taxi with other pax going at Horseshoe.

Have fun !

A one way ticket "would" be 8$ if it existed...

Taxi fare for up to 4 passenger is around 34$ from Monday to Saturday.

That would be 8,50$ each if you can split a taxi with other pax going at Horseshoe.

Have fun !

If one ways existed you can't assume it would be $8...it could be more. It's not unheard of for one way transportation to be more than half the round trip fare.

If one ways existed you can't assume it would be $8...it could be more. It's not unheard of for one way transportation to be more than half the round trip fare.

It could, yes...

My point was just that a one way fare...even at it's cheapest, would be about the same price as a taxi split within 4 passengers

Going to Hamilton by Ferry, bus to Horseshoe Bay, then return to Dockyard...

We just got back and did this 2 of the 3 days we were there with the 3 day pass.

First day (Sunday)--Ferry to Hamilton, #7 bus to Horseshoe. We walked to Warwick Long Bay and then took the #7 bus back to Dockyard.

Third day (Tuesday)--Ferry to Hamilton, #7 bus to Warwick Long Bay (we loved the cove next to it). Took the #7 bus back to Dockyard.

We just got back and did this 2 of the 3 days we were there with the 3 day pass.

First day (Sunday)--Ferry to Hamilton, #7 bus to Horseshoe. We walked to Warwick Long Bay and then took the #7 bus back to Dockyard.

Third day (Tuesday)--Ferry to Hamilton, #7 bus to Warwick Long Bay (we loved the cove next to it). Took the #7 bus back to Dockyard.

Thanks for this info! No problems with this way?

We were there last month when Bermuda still had the SPECIAL buses to Horseshoe and Warwick beaches. You didn't happen to see any of those, did you?

Thanks in advance.

Hope you had a good cruise.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Hi Robin,

No problems at all. On Sunday, we were off the Dawn by 11:05, bought the transportation passes in the Dockyard terminal and headed off to the ferry terminal to catch the 11:30 ferry. I had a slow walking 6 year old and an 8 year old with a recovering leg injury and we still made it to the ferry, and the same was true with the bus in Hamilton.

I did not see special buses, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for them. We did take the #7 bus back to the Dockyard without any issues.

Remember that on a Sunday there are far fewer residents using the bus system to travel to work and school, so there are fewer potential issues with overcrowding.

On weekdays by all reports they have been limiting the number of tourists who can board the regular #7 buses in order to provide sufficient capacity for the residents of Bermuda who depend on the buses .

Remember that on a Sunday there are far fewer residents using the bus system to travel to work and school, so there are fewer potential issues with overcrowding.

On weekdays by all reports they have been limiting the number of tourists who can board the regular #7 buses in order to provide sufficient capacity for the residents of Bermuda who depend on the buses .

We did it on Tuesday, too. No issues at all. We were on a 9:45 bus, so perhaps past commuting time? The bus was not full. Again, this is coming from Hamilton to Dockyard, not Dockyard to Hamilton.

We did it on Tuesday, too. No issues at all. We were on a 9:45 bus, so perhaps past commuting time? The bus was not full. Again, this is coming from Hamilton to Dockyard, not Dockyard to Hamilton.

Yes... you were past commuting time, and the issue has been on buses from Dockyard to the beach where huge numbers of passengers are trying to get to the same place at the same time. By taking the ferry to Hamilton and getting the #7 there you avoid that problem.

NJHorseman--I understood the problem and I posted what we did to avoid it. You commented earlier about the weekdays being an issue and I was OK because I went on Sunday. I am saying that we did ferry to bus 7 on Sunday and Tuesday and it was fine, and I think I have been clear that I did this from Hamilton, not the Dockyard.

I am trying to alleviate the fears of some who think that they will not be able to use public transportation passes to get from Dockyard to the beaches. Doing ferry to Hamilton and then bus #7 back towards the Dockyard is not the most direct path, but it worked out fine for us on both a weekday and a weekend day and it was cost effective for a family of 5. I don't think I could have really hit the commuting time anyway, since the first ferry to Hamilton from the Dockyard was at 9 AM both Monday and Tuesday.

NJHorseman--I understood the problem and I posted what we did to avoid it. You commented earlier about the weekdays being an issue and I was OK because I went on Sunday. I am saying that we did ferry to bus 7 on Sunday and Tuesday and it was fine, and I think I have been clear that I did this from Hamilton, not the Dockyard.

I am trying to alleviate the fears of some who think that they will not be able to use public transportation passes to get from Dockyard to the beaches. Doing ferry to Hamilton and then bus #7 back towards the Dockyard is not the most direct path, but it worked out fine for us on both a weekday and a weekend day and it was cost effective for a family of 5. I don't think I could have really hit the commuting time anyway, since the first ferry to Hamilton from the Dockyard was at 9 AM both Monday and Tuesday.

Yes, I understand exactly what you did. I'm just trying to make sure that those reading the thread who aren't experienced Bermuda visitors understand it.