Quantum Dinner/Show Reservations

Rhythmz

Hey everyone! It's my first post here. I've done some lurking the past couple weeks and love the forum! I have a 7 night cruise booked on Quantum of the Seas leaving on December 20th. I am on "cruise planner" right now and trying to plan my dinner and show reservations. I had a couple of questions:

1) Does ALL restaurant dining need to be reserved in advance? Is there the option to simply walk-in for lunch or dinner?

2) Are there limitations for the amount of shows that we can reserve? (Can the same show be reserved twice -- each a different show time). Could you simply go to a show without making a reservation? On other cruise lines I've been on, I have never had to make a reservation prior to a show.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone! It's my first post here. I've done some lurking the past couple weeks and love the forum! I have a 7 night cruise booked on Quantum of the Seas leaving on December 20th. I am on "cruise planner" right now and trying to plan my dinner and show reservations. I had a couple of questions:

1) Does ALL restaurant dining need to be reserved in advance? Is there the option to simply walk-in for lunch or dinner?

2) Are there limitations for the amount of shows that we can reserve? (Can the same show be reserved twice -- each a different show time). Could you simply go to a show without making a reservation? On other cruise lines I've been on, I have never had to make a reservation prior to a show.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!

You do not need reservations for lunch, in fact you can't make reservations except in a couple of pay-for restaurants. As for dinner, you should make reservations. If you don't you will have to wait to see if anything opens up and you may be eating very late or in the Windjammer or Sorrento's every night.

I have not booked entertainment yet, but based on my experience on the Oasis, if you don't have a reservation you may not get in. 10 minutes prior to show time they will open up to anyone on line without a reservation if there is any seating left and you will have very poor locations. I have not heard if you can double book shows. I don't see why not, but the most popular shows like Mamma Mia or Two70 may have limits, perhaps someone who has already booked shows can answer.

Having cruised NCL with similar dining. If you can not book your dinners now online. I would make a list of what you want and when you board try and book them then.

They can not release all the available tables online a large amount will be for walk ups and booking on ship.

I know on my first NCL I was stressed because we have 2 kids and they get a discount but you can not book early. I had no problem getting any reservation I wanted at all. But we eat early.

Everyone needs to remember its a vacation and you will not go hungry. You may have a wait a few minutes for a table.

For shows I have no idea since mine can not be booked yet. But again I would think that they will open it up 10 min before the show for reservations.

I know in NCL you could only book each show 1x but when it became 10 or 15 min before the show they opened it up to anyone without a reservation. Its a great way to make sure everyone gets a chance to see each show but if they don't want to and other people do let them in. I know we love the comedy shows and went multiable times.

We are booked on the Quantum in January. We reserved all of our dinning and shows 2 months ago. We just received an 5 emails cancelling 5 entertainment selections. To correct the problem we have to cancel our cruise planner and start over. We are really having doubts about this cruise, has anyone else had this problem???

We had problems for Dec 1 cruise when the reservations made for dining and shows were canceled. We worked with C & A rep who got a couple. Then i have gone in every day to book and have now have 7 dinners and 4 shows booked. The rep says that on board things can be arranged. We are diamond plus and have option of the Coastal Kitchen for dinner so hope we can can get in for a couple of our nights with no reservations. we we also go to a pay restaurant for the other 2 nights. It has been a nightmare for the reservation services, but it is slowly coming together. The rep said that the 4 comp restaurants have 400 seats, so they should be able to seat people without reservations. So we all need to give it a chance. As long as the fix the problems with the trushters and give the ship to RCCL on time. That is the only problem i can see at this time. It will be all okay once the ship is afloat and here i the US.

Rccl is a great company and all should be fine. Here's hoping for a great sailing for us all.

I understand that this restaurant is for Jr. Suites and Suites only. No D+ nor Pinnacle. The Oasis is different it is for Suites only (not Jr. Suites) and for Pinnacle. No D+.

We have our dining and entertainment reserves for our Feb. 2 cruise. We would have loved to see Mamma Mia on the 2nd day (at sea) at 4:30pm, however, it interferes with our reserve of 6:15pm at a Silk. We have reservation to one of the entertainer's at 10:30pm--hope we are able to stay awake. LOL

We are booked on the Quantum in January. We reserved all of our dinning and shows 2 months ago. We just received an 5 emails cancelling 5 entertainment selections. To correct the problem we have to cancel our cruise planner and start over. We are really having doubts about this cruise, has anyone else had this problem???

============================================

yes I had to rebook too. I think some time changes made everything go wrong. I think it was only 15 mins later that screwed it up.

I have been on the Allure and Oasis and always booked in advance. But we decided while on the ship to just walk in to some of the shows and go earlier . Some we didn't even go to because we wanted to do something else at that time.

Go ahead and book the shows just in case you don't want to miss it.

I don't think you can book a show twice. But maybe if you do want to see it twice just show up and hope they have openings.