Parking at Southampton?

stitchcreek

I think you'll find the cheaper off-port options on the other side of Southampton (free shuttle), and the parkatmyhouse / parkinmydrive options, aren't worth the extra hassle for the modest savings on a three-nighter.

You can get free cruise parking at a number of hotels in the city centre with a one-night stay, but that really depends on where you live / whether it's worth driving down the previous day.

Otherwise, as Ray's post, for a 3-nighter your best bet is secure port parking via ABP or CPS.

JB :)

The local council's list of hotels with cruise parking is at

http://www.destinationsouthampton.com/cruise/hotel-list/

If you need any specific info, e-mail to admin@destinationsouthampton.com

But the list is extensive and includes hotels up to fifteen miles from the port. Even though most include transfers do check that's the case - both ways - if you select one away from the city centre.

I can get you started with a few:

Mercure Dolphin Hotel in the High St, Grand Harbour Hotel, Jury's Inn, and Novotel. Pig In the Wall and White Star Rooms are both excellent boutiques. All in the city centre with free transfers (I think they use taxis), though any city centre hotel is only a £5 to £10 taxi ride from any cruise terminal. NB Pig-in-the-Wall's location on Trip Advisor is wildly inaccurate, it's actually very convenient set in the city wall close to the centre, port, shopping mall, though I'm none too sure how they can offer cruise parking.

Holiday Inn, Herbert Walker Ave. Adjacent City Cruise Terminal dock gate (for RCI, Celebrity, MSC, Fred Olsen & others) and just a short stroll to it, or free shuttle to other terminals. Very popular with cruisers.

But Holiday Inn Express (two of them) are on the city outskirts, plus the HI at Eastleigh, are much less convenient though I think they include transfers. HI at Winchester is a long way from Winchester city and rail station

The Hilton is at Chilworth, excellent hotel but also on the city boundary, though includes transfers. Ditto Chilworth Manor, though at weekends not as quiet as the impression you get due to wedding receptions, proms & such.

The Star Hotel in the High Street gets poor reviews.

Lots of plaudits on Cruise Critic for Premier Inn West Quay, but its one drawback is that it has no parking of its own & unsuited to cruise parking.

There's a very useful little map of hotels & cruise terminals at the bottom of the page on

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm

JB :)

Edited by John Bull