Car insurance to rent golf cart in catalina???????

Stylegenius

I want to rent a golf cart on Catalina Island but I read on one of the websites that you need insurance to rent. Is this true because I do not have car insurance. Also if you've rented and had a good experience with that company, what was thprice/ name/location of that company.

I want to rent a golf cart on Catalina Island but I read on one of the websites that you need insurance to rent. Is this true because I do not have car insurance. Also if you've rented and had a good experience with that company, what was thprice/ name/location of that company.

It's California- if it's got a motor and you take it on a public street, you need to have a valid driver's license and insurance. BTW, not all auto and/or home policies cover golf carts.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Last time we were there they only asked for the name of our auto insurance company, not for proof of insurance. When you get off the tender you will walk about a quarter mile and be right in front of the rental shop. You can prebook online and get 3 hours for the price of two. happy cruising

from the rental company...

Drivers must be age 25 or over, and covered by their own auto insurance. All drivers must have a valid drivers license with them at the time of check-in.

A cash security deposit of $40 is required for all 4-passenger golf carts and $60 is required for all 6-passenger carts.