New Menus

critcatny

Just saw the new menus on JH's Blog which will be on all 7 day cruises by end of the month. After reading all the "nonsense/concerns" on these threads up till now, I must say I was a little worried. After seeing the menus, I'm not worried or complaining at all.

The *1* (yes, only 1) Comfort food each night is just another option and an added choice. No one if being forced to order it! There is still 5 good choices on the daily dinner menu plus the 5 additional "everyday choices". Tell me, 10 choices plus the 1 comfort food choice is not enough?? The *1* "didja choice" is also just another new option to choose from on the Starter menu. I actually think that is a great new addition b/c I might just try some of the stranger "didja" options now since I'd never order them in a restaurant and pay $ for something I might not even like. Looking forward to trying the *alligator fritters" and the "shark & Langoustino Firecracker Roll". Very interesting.

So I say....way to go Carnival with some new choices on the menu without taking away much of what we are used to. (yes, the shrimp cocktail is not available everynight but neither are most things that I or others love and would enjoy to have every night. Just enjoy them on the nights they're offered and try some new stuff the other days. No one is going to starve as we all know.

Looking forward to my cruise on The Miracle end of Sept... :D

I guess everybody is running over there to read it because i cannot get the site to load. it keeps timing out:p

This menu stuff is a pretty big deal huh?

I don't really care either way because i'll be on vacation, and to me, that is THE number one thing.

I do hope that everyone can find something they like to eat though....and as long as they don't get rid of the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, they are safe from my wrath.

Just saw the new menus on JH's Blog which will be on all 7 day cruises by end of the month. After reading all the "nonsense/concerns" on these threads up till now, I must say I was a little worried. After seeing the menus, I'm not worried or complaining at all.

The *1* (yes, only 1) Comfort food each night is just another option and an added choice. No one if being forced to order it! There is still 5 good choices on the daily dinner menu plus the 5 additional "everyday choices". Tell me, 10 choices plus the 1 comfort food choice is not enough?? The *1* "didja choice" is also just another new option to choose from on the Starter menu. I actually think that is a great new addition b/c I might just try some of the stranger "didja" options now since I'd never order them in a restaurant and pay $ for something I might not even like. Looking forward to trying the *alligator fritters" and the "shark & Langoustino Firecracker Roll". Very interesting.

So I say....way to go Carnival with some new choices on the menu without taking away much of what we are used to. (yes, the shrimp cocktail is not available everynight but neither are most things that I or others love and would enjoy to have every night. Just enjoy them on the nights they're offered and try some new stuff the other days. No one is going to starve as we all know.

Looking forward to my cruise on The Miracle end of Sept... :D

Thanks for the update. Plain to see that you enjoy cruising as much as we do and go with the flow...............enjoy and smooth sailing! :D

Ok, i finally got in. Some of the didja things look incredibly fun to try. I have never had the shrimp cocktail on the ship (because it's not my favorite way to eat shrimp) so I don't know that I would personally miss it every day, but looking forward to trying the frog legs, the alligator fritters, and the oysters rockefeller. I have only been on 2 cruises, so I don't think these have been offered before. I don't remember them, but will absolutely try them on my upcoming cruise.

the only thing i would change would be the wording - "didja" just seems sooo.... Tween....but the food choices look amazing and I can overlook the wording. Again, I'll be on VACATION. what a beautiful word!

just wish i didn't have to wait over 150 days. grumble....

i'm just surprised how all this was handle in such a clandestine matter. in 24 hours, we have gone from the discovery of shrimp removal, to entirely new menus being rolled out.

with all this blog and facebook communication, i sure as hell missed the rumblings of such.

Are these menus in the order that they will be served on the ships? I'm doing a 3-day "get my feet wet" cruise to make sure that I will like crusing before the final payment is due on my 7 day. So, will the first 3 menus be the most likely that will be offered on that cruise?

i'm just surprised how all this was handle in such a clandestine matter. in 24 hours, we have gone from the discovery of shrimp removal, to entirely new menus being rolled out.

with all this blog and facebook communication, i sure as hell missed the rumblings of such.

The new menus have been rolling out since the first of the month. They were testing them back in June/early July, I believe, thats when all the rumblings about meatloaf and fried chicken started.

Wow... I can't WAIT to try some of the stuff on the new menu too! I think all the uprising was over the shrimp but some of the didja ever items look soooo much more fun to eat! :) I'll preliminarily say good job to Carnival in my opinion... can't wait to see what it tastes like. I'm scared of the frog legs though....hahahaha

Ok, i finally got in. Some of the didja things look incredibly fun to try. I have never had the shrimp cocktail on the ship (because it's not my favorite way to eat shrimp) so I don't know that I would personally miss it every day, but looking forward to trying the frog legs, the alligator fritters, and the oysters rockefeller. I have only been on 2 cruises, so I don't think these have been offered before. I don't remember them, but will absolutely try them on my upcoming cruise.

the only thing i would change would be the wording - "didja" just seems sooo.... Tween....but the food choices look amazing and I can overlook the wording. Again, I'll be on VACATION. what a beautiful word!

just wish i didn't have to wait over 150 days. grumble....

Frog and Alligator taste just like chicken.

ok.. I am a little sad that the St Louis style spare ribs are on the Prime Rib and Lobster night (and formal night0... very sad... I LOVE THOSE RIBS...

luckily, you can always order 2 entrees! of course, that's why i am fat, sooooo maybe i'd better just stick with one:o

luckily, you can always order 2 entrees! of course, that's why i am fat, sooooo maybe i'd better just stick with one:o

hahaha I'm picturing me with prime rib, lobster and ribs spread out around the table, my mouth watering and a fork and knife in my hands.

They've added other wonderful things too... I don't recall the Tom Ka Gai on the menu before.. thats a GREAT soup!

it is going to be very difficult to choose one thing because a lot of it looks soooo good....at least, it looks good in printed form. all those fancy descrptive words on the menu. I may have to con my mom into getting two of something different than what i choose so that i can try it all.

if i miss anything, there is always my cruise next september. i can taste what I didn't get to taste then.

Well - I think the new menu looks really good. Can't wait to try some of this. DH is so gonna love the Didja items. I for one, cannot eat shrimp or lobster or any of those yummy things that turn red when you cook it - so no new loss for me. But I still see the shrimp cocktail issue for those that truly enjoy them and maybe they will have them available on request. I cannot wait to see the new dessert menus.

Archived