Autoprogreso or ShoreExcursioneer?

TexasRices

We want to book an excursion to Uxmal. We have narrowed it down to two providers - Autoprogreso or ShoreExcursioneer.

We are not booking through the cruiseline, because they will not transport my mobility scooter. Both companies have agreed to transport my scooter. We dock at 7am and leave at 4pm on November 6th. I would love to hear your thoughts!

THANKS!

We just booked Uxmal through ShoreExcursioneer. I don't have the actual tickets yet because we just booked yesterday and it can take two days for them to complete processing. If you wait a day or so I can let you know if it is actually the same tour or not. I am suspecting that it is possible that ShoreExcursioneer is just reselling AutoProgresso tours.

Edited by dioxide45

We just booked Uxmal through ShoreExcursioneer. I don't have the actual tickets yet because we just booked yesterday and it can take two days for them to complete processing. If you wait a day or so I can let you know if it is actually the same tour or not. I am suspecting that it is possible that ShoreExcursioneer is just reselling AutoProgresso tours.

Oh yes, please let me know how it goes! What is your tour date?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I can now confirm that the excursion we booked through ShoreExcursioneer is actually an AutoProgreso tour.

Book whichever is cheapest. I think ShoreExcursioneer was a little more expensive, but we were booking other excursions through them and it was just easier to keep them all in one place.

Edited by dioxide45

I can now confirm that the excursion we booked through ShoreExcursioneer is actually an AutoProgreso tour.

Book whichever is cheapest. I think ShoreExcursioneer was a little more expensive, but we were booking other excursions through them and it was just easier to keep them all in one place.

Good to know! Thank you!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dioxide45 - I hope you check back on old threads. :rolleyes:

What was your overall experience with shoreexcursioneer? I'd like to use them for my three ports, but I'd love to hear what customers thought.

Thank you.

dioxide45 - I hope you check back on old threads. :rolleyes:

What was your overall experience with shoreexcursioneer? I'd like to use them for my three ports' date=' but I'd love to hear what customers thought.

Thank you.[/quote']

I have my board settings to subscribe to any thread I post in, so I saw this right away. We had a great experience with Shore Excursioneer. We had booked three excursions through them and ultimately had to cancel one and book a different one. There were a few emails back and forth because they only booked the new one for two instead of four, but they got is straightened out. I would not hesitate to use them again. They are really just a consolidator, selling tours run by different operators.

• 2 weeks later...
I have my board settings to subscribe to any thread I post in, so I saw this right away. We had a great experience with Shore Excursioneer. We had booked three excursions through them and ultimately had to cancel one and book a different one. There were a few emails back and forth because they only booked the new one for two instead of four, but they got is straightened out. I would not hesitate to use them again. They are really just a consolidator, selling tours run by different operators.

Is there a website for them or AutoProgreso yours? How would I be able to contact them and see their tour options?

Is there a website for them or AutoProgreso yours? How would I be able to contact them and see their tour options?

Shore Excursioneer and AutoProgresso each have their own websites. I can't provide links to their direct websites, but they are pretty obvious. A Google search for each will have them listed as the first search result.

Shore Excursioneer and AutoProgresso each have their own websites. I can't provide links to their direct websites, but they are pretty obvious. A Google search for each will have them listed as the first search result.

I found both websites! Thank you!

I have been browsing their sites, but I don't see anythung about payment. Do you know if yiu can book now and pay when you arrive or do you pay at the time of booking?

With Shore Excursioneer, you pay a deposit now (I paid with PayPal), then you pay the balance when you arrive. I think with AutoProgresso, you pay the full balance when you book.

• 1 month later...

ShoreExcursioneer is a reseller of locally based company tours all over the place. Here, you are probably getting the same tour you will get with AutoProgreso so go with AutoProgreso.

People feel more confident with the better website and English, but it's the same tour.

AutoProgreso won't let you miss the ship either as they have the official concession to run the "free" shuttles.