Woodwind Snorkel

chessbriar

Woodwind offered the best snorkel tour I have seen. Not that the snorkeling was the best, it was great, but they got everyone snorkeling. Even non swimmers were in the water. They had several kinds of masks to provide the most comfort. They offered wet suits to those who wanted them as well as swim shirts to protect from the sun and scraping. It was a long snorkel that required very little swimming. Non swimmers could just float along.

They did a great job with helping everyone out of the water as well. Providing a tow line to hold onto for those waiting to board. The guides were right there at the ladder to help everyone off with their fins, making climbing the ladder so easy.

Once back aboard, they provide drinks and a "boat snack" it was a local dish of noodles, vegies, and chicken. I was so well fed, I skipped dinner that night.

This tour was a wonderful end to our series of ports and offered so many great memories. My Daughter's first snorkel trip where she actually snorkeled. She had a blast.

Thanks for posting your review.

I just sent in my reservation request for our cruise in November. I hope you can answer a couple of questions for me.

I sent in my online reservation request and am assuming they will contact me back with a confirmation and deposit request. Is this the correct?

Do you know if they limit the number of people they accept on the trip? I don't want a tour that is super crowded.

I noticed on their site, they offer a 3 hour and a 4 hour tour. Which did you do?

Thanks again.

No problem on answering questions. We did the afternoon sail, 3 hour.

Once you contact them and they acknowledge your booking, you need to do nothing more. About a week or two, they will contact you to give you more details and confirm you still want to come. No deposit, pay onboard, cash or credit card.

Our sail was fully booked. We all sat side by side but not packed. Based on how they broke us into groups, I'd guess about 25 people. and 5 crew. It's a short distance they sail. It's mostly about time in the water.

• 4 weeks later...

We just went last week & did an excursion with Woodwind. When I first looked they were full, but put us on a wait list. Happily four days before our cruise a spot opened up. One of the best snorkeling trips I have ever been on. Our boat went out full, but they 25ish people were broken into 3 smaller groups, each with their own guide. The guides were great at pointing things out & calling out the different fish & coral.

They had equipment for everyone including wet suits for my young daughters.

I wasn't expecting the meal but that was an added bonus to me & like the prior poster said, I didn't need dinner that night.

We did the four hour afternoon snorkel as that is what was available the day we were in port.

All of us loved the excursion.

We were on the Caribbean Princess last week and Bonaire was one of our stops. We were not intrigued by any of the Princess Excursions but decided to go Snorkeling with Woodwind. We were snorkeling all morning. The Catamaran ride to the two snorkeling sites, the included beverages, the snacks, the meal, the included adult beverages, everything was excellent.

We have snorkeled on many occasions and would have to say we really enjoyed Woodwind. The staff is excellent and all very attentive! They had very good equipment for us to use. We saw all kinds of fish while snorkeling and we saw 6 sea turtles, which was the most awesome part of the whole day. I would highly recommend Woodwind!

• 1 month later...

We did Woodwind a few weeks ago and they are amazing ... such nice people and they do everything they can to make it perfect for the snorkelers. I had a bad sunburn so I chose to sit on their boat and enjoy the morning, while DH snorkeled ... I had a wonderful time and my DH saw turtles, rock lobsters, lots of different fish, etc. He had a blast ... one of the best excursions we have done. Jan

• 1 month later...