Help/advice needed please-urgently

Hiya am just looking for some general advice for my friend.

She has booked to go on the Anthem in a couple of weeks with her Sister & Brother in law. Unfortunately her Sister took ill over the weekend & is in hospital. The hospital have told her she not fit too travel.

They are from the UK and all have Travel Insurance, what she wanted to know is if she will still be able to go and take her granddaughter with her, if so does anyone know how this would work out as we assume her Sister & brother in law will be refunded as he is her carer, but if my friend doesn't go she most prob will loose her money.

She booked through an online TA.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Yes she is going too, just wondering if any TAs on here might be able to help as she is panicking n only found out couple of hours ago & can't do anything until tomorrow.

Hiya am just looking for some general advice for my friend.

She has booked to go on the Anthem in a couple of weeks with her Sister & Brother in law. Unfortunately her Sister took ill over the weekend & is in hospital. The hospital have told her she not fit too travel.

They are from the UK and all have Travel Insurance, what she wanted to know is if she will still be able to go and take her granddaughter with her, if so does anyone know how this would work out as we assume her Sister & brother in law will be refunded as he is her carer, but if my friend doesn't go she most prob will loose her money.

She booked through an online TA.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

US and UK booking terms are very different. In the US, we can substitute someone else for no fee, in the UK, I am pretty sure there will be a fee. She needs to check with the TA and the travel insurance company for specific terms.

Is everyone on one reservation? Was the granddaughter already going, or was this a passenger change to fill an already booked spot?

Yes all on one reservation & no she was going to see if she could take her granddaughter as a companion for herself

As others have said, it's best to deal directly with the TA and insurance company to get the most accurate information, but....

At least with most of the travel insurance policies here in the US, she should be able to get her cruise fare refunded, as well, if she decides not to go. Generally, if they're all booked together, as you say, and if the insurance was booked under one policy, then illness of one member of the party would make the insurance policy kick in.

But different policies have different terms and conditions, so you'd have to check to be sure that's the case, if she wanted to cancel/postpone the trip altogether.