Question about Viking Wine Policy

seatrial

It is my understanding that Viking does not charge a corkage fee for wine consumed in the dining room. What is their policy if a passenger wants to have a glass of wine that they brought onboard while sitting on the sun deck or some other area of the ship? Is this allowed?

Thanks.

Edited by seatrial

It is true that Viking does not charge a corkage fee. You are more than welcomed to bring your own wine on board and drink it up on deck or in the lounge.

I usually pick up a local bottle or two from the day's port and stop by the bar to ask the bar tender for a couple of glasses and to open the bottle.

Thanks for the replies. Of course it does save Viking money if you consume your own wine in the dining room. However, if one consumes their own wine in the lounge, then Viking is losing revenue on the sale of wine.

Edited by seatrial

On our Bordeaux cruise, we brought several bottles on board for after dinner in the lounge. The 2 waiters not only uncorked our bottles but decanted them also. The staff was excellent and willing to do whatever they needed to do to make the passengers happy.

One of the pleasures, if you're a wine lover like me, is to buy local wines along the way and enjoy them with dinner and share them with others on the table.

Viking pour unlimited wine and beer (& soft drinks) with lunch and dinner and they're very happy if you want to bring your own.

AND…... on both of our viking cruises the frig in our room was ice cold and more than adequate to handle the wine and beer.

warm beer can ruin an otherwise fine day!

My husband bought beer at two stops in Belgium and stored in our cabin minifridge until ready to drink. I bought some Coke Zero in port to have as my 'morning coffee', as I do at home while getting ready in the morning. :)

Becki