Breakaway spa balcony

hildob100

Did you mean Forward instead of Aft? On the deckspreads that I have, Spa Balcony B9 is Forward on 14 mostly, and some by Stairs/Elevator.

We stayed in 14718 on Breakaway, and booked on 14710 on Getaway. Those are Starboard, Forward. And GREAT. Every other stateroom has the bed by the balcony, the others in the mid-room.

For us, we wouldn't go 14724 or 14726 by choice as the M9 Spa Mini Suites continue toward the Stairs/Elevators. In that area, the hallway widens. In that area, we found (personal opinion) that the Mini Suite's have a high level of room service (as would be expected with those staterooms). There was a lot going on in the hallway on our cruise.

With that in mind, consider that, opposite of the M9's, are several service facilities, elevators, and stairways. We found (personal opinion) upon observation that the noise factor at all hours would not be what we would choose.

So, we look to go more forward where there are no service facilities and almost no foot traffic. Just us though. Some say the Forward of the ship rides less stable than mid ship. We have found that these new ships have almost no difference unless severe wind and waves; then not much different than everyone else.

Again, JIMHO.

• 1 year later...
Did you mean Forward instead of Aft? On the deckspreads that I have, Spa Balcony B9 is Forward on 14 mostly, and some by Stairs/Elevator.

We stayed in 14718 on Breakaway, and booked on 14710 on Getaway. Those are Starboard, Forward. And GREAT. Every other stateroom has the bed by the balcony, the others in the mid-room.

For us, we wouldn't go 14724 or 14726 by choice as the M9 Spa Mini Suites continue toward the Stairs/Elevators. In that area, the hallway widens. In that area, we found (personal opinion) that the Mini Suite's have a high level of room service (as would be expected with those staterooms). There was a lot going on in the hallway on our cruise.

With that in mind, consider that, opposite of the M9's, are several service facilities, elevators, and stairways. We found (personal opinion) upon observation that the noise factor at all hours would not be what we would choose.

So, we look to go more forward where there are no service facilities and almost no foot traffic. Just us though. Some say the Forward of the ship rides less stable than mid ship. We have found that these new ships have almost no difference unless severe wind and waves; then not much different than everyone else.

Again, JIMHO.

I actually stayed in 14724 and it was great. The bed was by the closet just to clarify you said all beds are by balcony which they are not.

Port side you get the NYC skyline when sailing away and you also get fireworks.

Can you see the fireworks that far forward? I have a B9 port side in a couple weeks and figured there was a good chance I wouldn't be able to see them from my balcony.

Again, JIMHO.

So would 14110 bed be by the balcony? I hope so.