questions about bermuda

millstastic10

My wife and I will be taking our 5th anniversary cruise next may (2015), we have done the Caribbean and the Bahamas on all our previous 4 cruises. Bermuda seems like a winner, however I have concerns. Are the Bermuda beaches and excursions similar to the Caribbean? Does the crowd lean older or younger (we are torn between the celebrity summit and Norwegian breakaway)? We were spoiled on our last cruise leaving from Miami (Norwegian getaway) the crowd was great, alot of fun and energy, are the crowds from the northeastern area similar? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance fellow cruisers.

If you were happy on NCL -- then stay with them.

As for Bermuda -- you will be docked at King's Wharf which means that you will have to take a bus or a ferry to get around to town or the beaches.

Not sure what time in May you are going, but it could be chilly. One time we went the 3rd week of May and had a lot of rain and chilly weather. Weather is hard to predict -- you could luck out and have lovely weather.

IMO , Bermuda beaches are far more beautiful than any Caribbean beach that I've been to .

No one selling you trinkets on the beach either.

Some, like Horseshoe Bay have many facilities yet if you search along the South Shore you can find smaller less popular beaches with limited to no facilities .

May , water could be chilly , it is in the North Atlantic after all.

Edited by MCC retired

Since you enjoyed NCL previously, that could likely be the way to go, although I would certainly consider Celebrity as well. I recommend getting an overview of each here:

Celebrity Summit: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=251

NCL Breakaway: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=642

Regarding the weather (once you arrive at Bermuda), the temps should range from daytime around 75, to high 60s at night. The water temp averages about 74 at that time of year. Enjoy Bermuda (and those beautiful pink sand beaches!). Happy anniversary! :) p.s. Also, check out the Bermuda Ports of Call forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196.

Edited by jmf123
port of call info