Twenty Years on SS

derbylane

I hope I am wrong but with the way in which SS have handled this ' Event ' I doubt that they actually care how many Venetian Days we have and to them its just a ploy to fill a not very exciting Cruise at a probably less than fine time of the year. To give such little notice to loyal Guests such as Ducttape does lead me to feel that no one really matters to them anymore - we are just another Booking - very sad.

I hope I am wrong but with the way in which SS have handled this ' Event ' I doubt that they actually care how many Venetian Days we have and to them its just a ploy to fill a not very exciting Cruise at a probably less than fine time of the year. To give such little notice to loyal Guests such as Ducttape does lead me to feel that no one really matters to them anymore - we are just another Booking - very sad.

Agree with all you say.SS back office and management are a shambles to be leading a luxury cruise line.Thank goodness the fabulous crew (particularly on our favourite Cloud) continue to provide a first rate service to all of us who continue to sail with SS.Hope the Cloud continues to impress when we join up for a month on 4August.Best wishes to you both.

Good Morning Brimary - I entirely agree with your views regarding the wonderful On Board Staff - my comments were directed fairly and squarely at the Management ashore who in no way support their shipboard colleagues let alone their loyal Customers.

We wish you both a truly great time when you board the lovely Cloud in August - no doubt you will have fun and its only a pity that our paths will not cross this time as I believe you disembark in Southampton as we embark - do try and let us have your impressions whilst on board. Please leave the Pool in good shape for the morning exercise !!!

If you could update us on the HD & CD it would be of great benefit.

Mayflower,sorry we shall be crossing paths on the gangway at Southampton,maybe next time.When we disembarked the Cloud prior to last christmasDavid Lawton said he would be CD and Gianni Dotti HD.We don't take I Pad on cruises so will be unable to confirm if our info last December has changed.Duct Tape thanks for your good wishes and nice to see you cruising again,hope the health issues are a thing of the past.We have to keep the ferry across the Thames in business!!

Thanks for the reply Brimary - I quite understand re I pad and in any event it will be a surprise when we board - As you know we are great admirers of Gianni & David so their presence would be a bonus. Have fun and look forward to hearing from you on your return.