Excellent Detailed Info on Train from Rome to Civi

ace1zoe2

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44301747

This information is from a current review on the RCI boards. It has great information, lots of pictures, details how to do it on your own and who shouldn't try it on their own. As well as current information about the shuttle buses.

Hope this will help someone plan their travels.

Thanks to the OP for sharing this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is useful information, but there were a couple things I noted:

1) It is certainly not necessary to book your ticket in advance for the train from Termini to Civitiveccia. We bought ours from a kiosk in the Termini station just a few minutes before we boarded the train.

2) If you can carry or roll your luggage, it will likely take less time to walk from the train station at Civitiveccia to the shuttle bus station at the port than it will to wait around for a local bus. I think we walked it in under 15 minutes.

If you can carry or roll your luggage, it will likely take less time to walk from the train station at Civitiveccia to the shuttle bus station at the port than it will to wait around for a local bus. I think we walked it in under 15 minutes.

You may not realize that the drop off/pick up spot for the port shuttles has changed as of spring this year due to construction. It is now about twice as long a walk as previously. See here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057798

While still doable on foot, I'm sure it's less pleasant than previously if toting a lot of luggage.