Is this doable?

jewel_beth

We are in Key West on Weds 2/18 from 9:30 to 5. Docked at Pier B. My DH & DS11 are most interested in a key lime pie taste test and food sampling. I would also like to see a few highlights. Here is what I'm thinking. Let me know if it is mapped out correctly and doable in the time we have, please...

Start at Truman's White House for a tour. Then walk over to mile marker 0 and cut over to Blue Heaven for our first pie sample. Head back to Whitehead stopping to see the cats at Hemingways house, poke around at the lighthouse and ending at the Southernmost point for a photo op.

We will then make our way over to Duval Street stopping for an ice cream at Flamingos. We will cross over to Elizabeth to stop at Nancy Forresters Secret Garden and the Key West Pretzel Company for a snack. Over to Caroline St for some grub from Garbos Grill. Next, we will sample our second pie from Kermits, take a hot sauce flight at Peppers followed by dessert - our final entry in the lie contest at the Key Lime Pie Factory.

We can then waddle/roll ourselves back to the ship 😄. If extra time (will there be any?) we can go to Ripleys.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The sequence isn't too bad but might be made better, but first some comments.

1. In spite of her web page I think the secret garden has closed.

2. I don't think it's worthwhile to pay the admission to the Hem House just to see the cats which you would have to do just to get onto the grounds. You can usually see a few from the entranceway on Whitehead and by peeking over the wall around the corner.

3. No one ever had a "snack" at the Pretzel Co. It took me three days to eat just a plain pretzel.:)

Otherwise, especially with the 2nd half, you are going back and forth between Simonton and Whitehead too much. Want me to take a look?

Pjk

There are reviews on Trip Advisor of Secret Garden as recent as this month. I really hope she stays open because I would love to see it in March!

Nancy is still open.

Mike:)

Yes, Nancy's Secret Garden is still open. It's something like $10 to get in.

The sequence isn't too bad but might be made better, but first some comments.

1. In spite of her web page I think the secret garden has closed.

2. I don't think it's worthwhile to pay the admission to the Hem House just to see the cats which you would have to do just to get onto the grounds. You can usually see a few from the entranceway on Whitehead and by peeking over the wall around the corner.

3. No one ever had a "snack" at the Pretzel Co. It took me three days to eat just a plain pretzel.:)

Otherwise, especially with the 2nd half, you are going back and forth between Simonton and Whitehead too much. Want me to take a look?

Pjk

Thanks. I'd love you to take a look. I'm not exactly sure where some of the places are and would appreciate it.

I thought we could get on the grounds but just couldn't go into the Hem house without paying. You are right,probably not worth it for us - one of our cats has extra toes!

Figured we'd be doing a lot of sharing, but I'm sure our stomachs will already be stretched from the cruise😳.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Here's what I think. This is all good since it's all either on Whitehead or just off Whitehead (Blue Heaven) on Peronia.

Start at Truman's White House for a tour. Then walk over to mile marker 0 and cut over to Blue Heaven for our first pie sample. Head back to Whitehead stopping to see the cats at Hemingway's house, poke around at the lighthouse and ending at the Southernmost point for a photo op

After the photo op, walk over to Duval, one block on South Street, make a left and on the right-hand side of the street is Flamingo Crossing at 1105. Continue down Duval till you hit Eaton and find Nancy's Secret Garden on IIRC Schoolhouse Lane. Come back to Duval and continue walking down until you come to Caroline. Going left on Caroline will take you to Garbo's, then swing around the corner twice and come back on Green to hit the Key Lime Factory.

Stay on Green, cross Duval, and you will come to Peppers at 602.

Now walk down Simonton and you will hit Kermit's where Elizabeth crosses Simonton. Across that street is Lazy Way Lane where you'll find the Pretzel Co. on the right in a line of small shops.

In all, you'll go up Whitehead then down Duval, detour over to Eaton and back to Caroline and Green (on both sides of Duval) then Lazy Way Lane, and have eaten far too much.

Pjk

Now walk down Simonton and you will hit Kermit's where Elizabeth crosses Simonton. Across that street is Lazy Way Lane where you'll find the Pretzel Co. on the right in a line of small shops.

Actually Elizabeth does not cross Simonton as they run parallel to each other. Kermit's is at the corner of Elizabeth and Greene.

The entrance to Nancy's is at 518 Elizabeth St.

http://www.nancyforrester.com/

Mike:)