Cabin steward form with checklist to request bathrobes on Carnival Magic

CruzCrazy

No robes on our Splendor cruise in the fall, but we asked and had them pretty quickly.

I just don't get the wearing of the robes to the Lido for breakfast, which is a fairly common sight. Yet, I've never once seen a robe or jammies at the free breakfast buffet at Hampton Suites or other hotels we've stayed at. It's just a Carnival thing?

I use the robe all of the time. lol I love it when I get out of the shower and then go "dry off" on the balcony before I start to get ready.

We are on the Magic in June, so if we don't have them, I will request one.

Thanks!!

I'm with you...we love the robes!! Our steward came to us with a card right away for us to fill out...Whether we wanted extras like robes and if we wanted our room cleaned morning or night...Or both. He was great...And all 3 of us got our robes asap!

OP here. Forgot to mention that I bought a Carnival robe a few years ago and wear it everyday at home after my shower, so I wasn't about to not ask for one while on a cruise ;)

No big deal to fill out a form, and maybe it will save on laundry for the cruise line, but I was just wondering when this started and whether it was on all ships. We had robes in the closet just like always on the Breeze last year, and I hadn't read anything about it here on CC, so I was just surprised, that's all. Then again, the Breeze last year had twice-a-day service and no cards to fill out, so I suspect that's the difference. I would actually prefer it if there was more consistency regarding policy and procedure across the fleet, but that's just me.

Oh, and I never wear my robe outside of the cabin (unless you count that one time years ago when I wore it to the salon to get an up-do on formal night--I was almost ready, but my dress was a little wrinkled, so I hung it in the post-shower steamy bathroom to try to remove the wrinkles and just threw on my robe and dashed up the couple of flights of stairs to the salon in my robe, with full makeup and all my jewelry on, LOL). They probably made fun of me after I left, but she got a good tip, so I hope it wasn't too harsh...

We were on the Magic for the February 11th sailing. We had a balcony on the Lido deck and there were no robes in the cabin that week either. I did notice and even made a comment to my husband about there not being any in there.

I started to ask if they still provided them, but I don't use one anyway and with them not taking up space in the closet it left more room for our stuff.

Good to know they will bring you one if you request it - though it may be a day or so from what you said.

OP here. Forgot to mention that I bought a Carnival robe a few years ago and wear it everyday at home after my shower, so I wasn't about to not ask for one while on a cruise ;)

No big deal to fill out a form, and maybe it will save on laundry for the cruise line, but I was just wondering when this started and whether it was on all ships. We had robes in the closet just like always on the Breeze last year, and I hadn't read anything about it here on CC, so I was just surprised, that's all. Then again, the Breeze last year had twice-a-day service and no cards to fill out, so I suspect that's the difference. I would actually prefer it if there was more consistency regarding policy and procedure across the fleet, but that's just me.

Oh, and I never wear my robe outside of the cabin (unless you count that one time years ago when I wore it to the salon to get an up-do on formal night--I was almost ready, but my dress was a little wrinkled, so I hung it in the post-shower steamy bathroom to try to remove the wrinkles and just threw on my robe and dashed up the couple of flights of stairs to the salon in my robe, with full makeup and all my jewelry on, LOL). They probably made fun of me after I left, but she got a good tip, so I hope it wasn't too harsh...

LOL - I am almost positive they have seen worse!

On our 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Splendor, it became such a normal sight in the mornings ... the robe-wearers with their eyes half-closed, making their way to the Lido coffee machines. We dubbed them "The Rombies" (Robe Zombies). ;p