Your time dining with 9 people

Nanookz

We are going on the Vista for the spring break cruise in two weeks. We have Your time dining and I was just reading Carnival's website that says a that parties of 8 or more use the traditional dining times.

Has anyone had experience with YTD and large parties? Long wait times.?

I have contacted my TA to see if she can change it.

thanks

We had 9 on Sunshine NYE 2016. When we used main dining room. one or two people went down about 15 - 30 minutes early and waited for it to open. That was on elegant night and NYE. We had a certain wait staff and liked early so we could enjoy shows and other activities after dinner. That is what we all liked.The 1st night we waited about 20 minutes, we lucked out and got the wait staff we requested all week. It seemed like the later you went the longer the wait especially on elegant nights. The Plaza made for a pleasant wait so it did not seem too long.There were all kinds of kids during break so if you have kids they might do better at buffet or earl dining. We had all adults in our party but the kids were running wild in the plaza waiting for dinner. Just a suggestion.

We are going on the Vista for the spring break cruise in two weeks. We have Your time dining and I was just reading Carnival's website that says a that parties of 8 or more use the traditional dining times.

Has anyone had experience with YTD and large parties? Long wait times.?

I have contacted my TA to see if she can change it.

thanks

Can you please site the above. I have never heard of it .I am not saying it isn't true, I would just like to have the site.

When we travel as a family we do find it more convenient to have set time. That way everyone knows they are expect and what time. If you are not going to make it just let someone in the family know and we proceed without them

We have done YTD with the group. Wait time does vary depending on the ship and time we arrive. Some ships have more large table than others.

Have a great memory making trip.

We just got off the Sunshine on March 12 and our party was 9. We used YTD and like the post above we got in line at 4:45 every day. They started seating at 5:15. the only wait we had was the short line to check in. We requested the same table each night. They out us at a table for 8 and just added a chair and serving set to the table to accomodate 9 people

Our group of 8 had YTD on the Valor last year. A couple of nights it was 7.

We will be on the Vista next week. We have 8 people total, 2 different families but we will be eating together every night.

here is the link to the carnival site. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3439

here is the paragraph that got me thinking

Since most tables are configured for parties up to 6 guests and many cannot be moved together to make larger tables, parties greater than 8 guests may need to be accommodated at several tables and the wait can sometimes be more than one hour. We highly suggest that parties of 8 or more guests choose the traditional assigned seating (6:00pm or 8:15pm) to assure sitting together at one table or several tables close together.

Thanks to the posts above and the other searches I did I will be there when it opens. From the doc it says they open at 5:45pm

Kicker is that if we do get assigned times we may miss dinner. Two of the ports that we go to we leave at 8pm.

We just got off the Sunshine on March 12 and our party was 9. We used YTD and like the post above we got in line at 4:45 every day. They started seating at 5:15. the only wait we had was the short line to check in. We requested the same table each night. They out us at a table for 8 and just added a chair and serving set to the table to accomodate 9 people

If you are going to do this, why would not just get early dining? That would eliminate the 30 minutes standing in line each night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

YTD dining does not start until 6. By going at 5:15 we got a 45 min head start so we were done much earlier than the 6pm seating. We were done and free to do whatever evening activities we chose without rushing or getting bad seats. Most nights they started assigning tables right at 5 so we really did not wait in line at all. Honestly, our idea of fun is not a 2-2.5 dinner that could be finished in an hour. By going at 5:15, we were usually out in 1.5 hours.

YTD dining does not start until 6. By going at 5:15 we got a 45 min head start so we were done much earlier than the 6pm seating. We were done and free to do whatever evening activities we chose without rushing or getting bad seats. Most nights they started assigning tables right at 5 so we really did not wait in line at all. Honestly, our idea of fun is not a 2-2.5 dinner that could be finished in an hour. By going at 5:15, we were usually out in 1.5 hours.

I agree wth you on long dinners, we eat on lido each evening for that reason. I've never seen YTD start at 5:15, it has been 5:45 on every ship we have been on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums