Carnival Conquest 29 JAN - 4 FEB 2017

Hokie375

We recently sail on the Conquest. This ship sailed from Fort Lauderdale. We flew in the day prior and stayed at the Hilton Marina. We also used the local water taxi for transportation to The Pirate's Republic for dinner. I used Cruise Critic a lot prior to leaving and found it to be a really great resource. I wanted to share some of the video I took during the cruise. I apologize that they were not compiled in an instructional or review type format. Simply, I used them to document all the fun we had. The first video is from our time in Fort Lauderdale the day prior to embarkation. If your considering taking the water taxi I strongly recommend doing it.

[YOUTUBE]PJdf21gKBLE[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Hokie375

We looked at the reviews of the Marina as well. Honestly our room was really nice. It's a super big property so maybe our room overlooking the marina was in better condition than a room in a different part of the property. There is a shuttle service you can use to get to the port for $11 a person. There is also a decent breakfast buffet for @ $21 per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This video is for Day 1 Embarkation and Day 2 Key West. As far as embarkation goes it was actually really smooth. The only comparison I have was a cruise out of Baltimore in 2014, but what I can say is this. Much...much easier. From the time we entered the terminal to when I was holding my first drink in the atrium lobby was under 40 minutes. We have ZERO status and did not have FTTF. In Key West we did the City View Trolley tour (recommend). We visited a few of the local bars, Southern Most Point, and had lunch at Turtle Kraal's (recommend). If you do the City View trolley you can take the whole tour (roughly 1.25 hours). We actually jumped off at the Southernmost Point and got back on a trolley to finish the tour.

[YOUTUBE]ytsFp728cSE[/YOUTUBE]

The only thing I will say is our room 7449 was much bigger than our friends who were in 7448. Our had a full couch and theirs did not. It was pretty tight. I don't know if that is what the asterisk indicated on some of the deck maps. Beyond that the room was great. AC worked very well and the room steward was really good. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What was your room number?We have 7447 coming up!Any pros & cons with these rooms?Thanks :-)

We have 7442 an aft balcony also coming up.

So peaceful back there.Cabin layout should be like on the Dream

The aft wrap arounds have a bigger balcony but a kitty-corner bed.

Garry

We travelled with another couple who were a few rooms down from us on the aft end of the ship. We really enjoyed the balcony views, and spent quite a bit of time out there. Our other cruise was on the Pride and we had a balcony room as well. I'm trying to talk my wife into doing a room without the balcony. For some reason she's not really interested in that.

[YOUTUBE]abc9y98b9jc[/YOUTUBE]

After compiling some of these videos I realize what I need to think about capturing for the next go around. Certainly more of the interior of the ship, Lido deck, and restaurants. This video was footage of our Fun Day at Sea after leaving Key West. A must do IMO is the Sea Day brunch. As many of you know there is no Serenity area on the Conquest. The aft pool and hot tubs are adult only. The 24 hour pizza place is there, as well as a full service bar. The music is pretty subdued compared to the main pool area which is pretty loud during the prime pool hours. It's a lot of fun though!

[YOUTUBE]cv0gqzSxPWs[/YOUTUBE]

This video is from our day on Grand Cayman island. We did a Carnival excursion that included StingRay City and Tahiti Beach. Both parts went pretty well. The water was a bit choppy at StingRay City, but didn't cause any issues. After we returned to the marina we had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus to take us to Tahiti Beach. There was only one bathroom that was as my wife described, "One of the most disgusting bathrooms I have ever been in." No toilet paper, hand towels, soap, and very dirty. Luckily I didn't have to use it! Tahiti Beach was very nice. The only thing I'll say is that it was pretty pricey for drinks and food.

One thing I do want to mention is a bit off topic here but was the HUB app. It worked great for us. You have access to all the ship schedules, times, events, etc. Plus you can see what charges are on your account. Ever wondered where you are at for the Cheers program? Just look at the HUB app. We also used the social media internet package which worked excellent minus one day where it signed us out and it to took a bit to figure out why it wasn't working. Overall all though I thought it worked well and was a good value.

[YOUTUBE]Ti5HEvUy6F0[/YOUTUBE]