Any Info On Splendor Engine Problems?

I am also anxiously awaiting information. There is some info in the other threads (latest Splendor review). All I know is that repairs are underway, seems they have the piece needed and that they were going to dry dock the ship to install it. Fingers crossed that all is a go for Sunday!!

They are not dry-docking the ship to repair... they are in Freeport today, they have technicians onboard... sure they are working their buts off... not sure if they know for sure it's fixed until they install and test. The key will be to watch their speed when they leave port and see if they are doing over 10 knots or if their speed is fluctuating (like testing). I have not seen updates from anyone currently onboard, but if there is anyone they can look tonight when they are underway to see if both props are working...

it is scheduled to leave this afternoon/evening... tugs will be used but that will be required until the engine is certified as fixed by class. The key will be to watch the speed tomorrow. They will be anxious to test if repaired so they will be varying the speed a lot running checks.

My understanding from marine industry chatter and onboard observations is it was a propulsion problem... not a main engine or diesel generators. One prop was not working. Optimistic that they can solve it...

We were on that slow cruise back to Miami (2/26/17 sailing) I am curious as to whether they got the problem fixed too. I will say the crew on board the Splendor was great, did a fantastic job under the circumstances. I would sail the Splendor again.

last week when it was heading back to Miami with the broken engine it was showing on Marine traffics website that it was doing a constant 14 knots. thats pretty good for only 1 engine or propeller.

That must have been when it was soooo windy Saturday a.m.!! We were rockin' and rollin' during that! You must have missed the times we were only going 3 knots - which was why it took us 3 days to get back to Miami!!

Is the a URL or website for the tracker you speak of? thank you

http://www.marinetraffic.com Blue boats are cruise ships. hover your mouse over the blue ship icon on the map and it will show you the ship name, speed, how long ago that position was recorded and where its heading. Click on the ship icon and a small window will pop up and if you click on past track it will show you its previous track and if you hover your mouse over the little triangles along its path you will see the time it was there and its speed.