West bay best hotel cruise package

Jgarriso

Looking for suggestions on the best package to spend the day at west bay. We were here last year, took a boden private tour, loved it, but west bay was so awesome that this year we just want to spend a day here. Looking at taxi prices alone I see that banarama offers a package that is a better deal. I want transportation from mohogany bay, beach chairs, umbrellas, facilities, and a beach bar that u can just hang out at and have lunch.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of a better plan than banamarama. We just want safe and basic, of course we also want the most for our money, and you guys know how to work these places.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Looking for suggestions on the best package to spend the day at west bay. We were here last year, took a boden private tour, loved it, but west bay was so awesome that this year we just want to spend a day here. Looking at taxi prices alone I see that banarama offers a package that is a better deal. I want transportation from mohogany bay, beach chairs, umbrellas, facilities, and a beach bar that u can just hang out at and have lunch.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of a better plan than banamarama. We just want safe and basic, of course we also want the most for our money, and you guys know how to work these places.

Thanks for any advice offered.[/QuOTE]

We never do Bananarama but our taxi ($20-25pp/day parks in the lot behind it. We walk down the alley to the beach, turn left about 1-200 feet. There is a small hotel there (Bungalows) with a bar/restaurant on the beach. Beach chairs are $10/day, if you get there before the NCL cruisers you can get one that has shade for most of the day. Clean rest rooms are part of the deal. You pay (modestly) for food or beverage. They have some nice local beer.

For the fare, our taxi drivers hangs out all day until we are ready to return to the ship, so no problem being on time.

Edited by thinfool

As far as I know, Bananarama is the only place which includes transport for less than 4 people, tis a very good price as well.

I think Foster's will work something out for you if you have more than four people.

There are many others which are day pass only, but then ya gotta pay a taxi. You could contact some one the Resorts to see if they will sort transport for you and at what price. Another options is to take one of the tour operators shuttles then pay a day pass rate. Or take a land taxi to West End and a water taxi to West Bay, though I am not sure the price would be much better.

For ease of day I would choose Bananarama but I don't like all the boats in the water at their bit of beach. Live Web cam

I think the small bungalows place is PART of Paradise Beach Club. Their nit of beach is boat free... you can sorta see it form the Bananarama Web cam.

Edited by Guest 2000

Thinfool. Looking at the banarama site they have a package for 30$ that includes transportation, chairs, welcome drink and use of facilities. Of course with taxi you are on your schedule. Weighing options. Thanks.

Guest 2000, thanks, didn't even think of the boats. I do not want to spend the day looking at boats and traffic in and out of the water. I think the hotel we were at last year was paradise. On well , will keep digging

Hello,

I am doing an all inclusive in the beginning of September 2015 at Las Sirenas Beach Resort. For 65$, it's all you can drink, lunch and round trip transportation. It might be worth looking into. I purchased it through Shore Excursioneer

http://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/roatan/las-sirenas-resort-all-inclusive-beach-mayan-princess.html

I'll post a review when I get back if your interested. I don't know if your cruise is before or after mine though.

Look at that, I didn't know Las Sirenas was in on the day trip game. It is next to Mayan Princess and is under the same umbrella company. I don't know about day trip food but I understand the food with an AI accommodation option is very poor. Perhaps things have changed since the bad reviews of last couple years.

There is heaps of food available on West Bay, I don't think I would pay for a day trip option that included food...unless it was Tabayana.

beaches&sands, I would be very much interested in your impressions.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last year with victor Bowden tour and our driver took us, I thought, to paradise resort. Paid 10$ per and got wristbands. Has anyone else been to this hotel as a day pass? I loved their beach front bar. And location.

I would opt for the Bananarama deal. As for snorkeling, I would head up the beach, walk past IB (Infinity Bay) and enter the water closer to the rocks. The snorkeling there is out of this world and within a swim of no more than 5-10 minutes you are over the wall. If you are at Bananarama, facing the ocean, turn left and walk past IB.

Another food option is to walk down the road near Bananarama and have lunch at Celeste's - she makes out of this world baleads (the lobster is my favorite) and the drinks are cold, the servers are super friendly and it's a nice break from "beach food".

We lived in Roatan for 4 years and Bananarama was our beach spot of choice.:)

I will confess I rarely crash on a beach with a particular hotel when I cruise there. We take a taxi to Bananarama and walk down the beach and toss our towel down on an unclaimed public part of the beach. The best spot is to turn left and head down past Infiniti Bay and swim there. The reefs are beyond amazing. From a person who has stayed there, I do suggest going to Celeste's for lunch. We spent 10 days in the condo's owned by West Bay Lodge (home of Celestes) The food and drink there are amazing. Bananarama does have the best pizza on the beach. I think Mondays it's buy one get one free.