Fly into Fort Lauderdale Airport for cruise out of Port of Miami

tulipcityfamily

We've taken cruises out of both Fort Lauderdale and Miami previously. Each time we flew into the airport closest to the port. Due to the extreme price difference we will be flying into Fort Lauderdale to cruise out of Miami. I've reviewed the board, but still would like advice. Our plan is to fly in the day prior to the cruise and arrive late afternoon/early evening. We won't be able to enjoy much of the city, but we have been there before. From looking at hotel rates for March, I'm thinking of reserving the Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale 17th Street. The rate is a little higher than paid before, but I can use my reward points to pay for it. I also noticed they have a free airport shuttle, plus a Walgreens to pick up wine and soda for cruise. Transportation to port and port to Fort Lauderdale airport is where I need assistance. I'm thinking SAS will work for locations and times. Our plane leaves from Fort Lauderdale at 12:30 the day we get off the ship. We do self assist so always off early. Is there enough time to get to the airport and is SAS waiting for us when we get off the ship? Thoughts on this and has anyone done this before. TIA

We've taken cruises out of both Fort Lauderdale and Miami previously. Each time we flew into the airport closest to the port. Due to the extreme price difference we will be flying into Fort Lauderdale to cruise out of Miami. I've reviewed the board, but still would like advice. Our plan is to fly in the day prior to the cruise and arrive late afternoon/early evening. We won't be able to enjoy much of the city, but we have been there before. From looking at hotel rates for March, I'm thinking of reserving the Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale 17th Street. The rate is a little higher than paid before, but I can use my reward points to pay for it. I also noticed they have a free airport shuttle, plus a Walgreens to pick up wine and soda for cruise. Transportation to port and port to Fort Lauderdale airport is where I need assistance. I'm thinking SAS will work for locations and times. Our plane leaves from Fort Lauderdale at 12:30 the day we get off the ship. We do self assist so always off early. Is there enough time to get to the airport and is SAS waiting for us when we get off the ship? Thoughts on this and has anyone done this before. TIA

We have flown into FLL for a cruise out of POM. In our case, I just arranged for a car service from the hotel in Fort Lauderdale, to the POM. On the return, we were off the ship by 9, had car service pre-arranged, and made it to the airport in plenty of time for a noon-ish flight.

FLL Embassy Suites is a good choice for nearby shopping and dining. How many in your party? SAS, QLS and others will shuttle you to POM for about $15 per person or for about $35+ you can use UberX (good for 2-3 passengers and bags).

FLL Embassy Suites is a good choice for nearby shopping and dining. How many in your party? SAS, QLS and others will shuttle you to POM for about $15 per person or for about $35+ you can use UberX (good for 2-3 passengers and bags).

Thank you for the advice. We have 4 individuals, 2 adults and 2 teenagers (15 and 18), so I don't think there will be enough space for us and the luggage.

Thank you for the advice. We have 4 individuals, 2 adults and 2 teenagers (15 and 18), so I don't think there will be enough space for us and the luggage.

Uber XL would be fine but around $70.00 so not much more than a shuttle at $60.00 and easier to use IMO.