Excursion Ideas for 7yr olds

hamp65

Hello,

We will be on the Carnival Sunshine on the May 25th sailing. Our ports are Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. I am looking for port excursion ideas for a family of 3 adults and 1 child. We love the beach but I know she can bore quickly if no activities are offered. She loves to play with others her own age. She does swim, but we are not interested in snorkeling. We recently cruised the Disney Dream that was centered around kid activities so I hope we can find her some fun on this cruise.

We will be on the same sailing, we plan to stop by the ecology center in Key West. It's free which is a plus. We may do Ripleys if they get bored. We are planning on doing the City View trolly tour. We are traveling with two girls ages 8 and 12.

In Freeport we are doing Pat & Dianes snorkeling. (Not your thing), in Nassau we plan on going to the Melia resort. We would do the Blue Lagoon, but with it closing at 4, we would not get out money's worth this trip since we arrive at 12pm.

We are doing the Disney Dream next April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Dreacrusingaway

Eco Discovery Center, The Butterfly House or the Key West Aquarium might be good choices. Higgs Beach has an ocean front playground and a very good restaurant for lunch. City View Trolley has a stop right near there if you decide on a trolley tour.

I think a child would really enjoy the Butterfly Conservatory on Duval. The Eco-Discovery Center is free and fascinating but it isn't open on Mondays if you should happen to be in Key West on Monday. A child might like the Aquarium and they might enjoy a glass-bottomed boat excursion.

They also might enjoy climbing the circular stairs of the Key West Light House and seeing the view at the top.

I'm not sure I would take a small child to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum because it could be a little frightening at times.

Edited by Gangway Style