I created my walking tour-is it do-able

marshhawk

Update is that we will dock at Pier B, so I created a walking tour, south to Hemingways's house to visit the kitties, then north the the Key West Cemetery, and then back west to Blond Giraffe to get Key lime pie slice, and then back to the ship. We dock at 7 am, and have to be back on by 2(ship sails at 3), Is this do able or will we be trotting around?:confused:

Edited by marshhawk

We stopped in Key West a week ago Monday and got off the ship at 9:00 AM. I'll now refer to our camera for times. Our first stop was the Harry Truman Little White House and the first picture was taken outside at 9:16. We took a few pictures inside at 9:20 before the tour started and then photos were no longer allowed. It was an interesting tour. We finished up an hour later and pictures were taken while walking down Whitehead from 10:24 until we reached the outside of the Hemingway House at 10:44. We then have photos inside and outside the Hemingway House and of cats until 11:22.

From there we walked down Duval and stopped in a store for souveniers. We passed a Blonde Giraffe which had a sign indicating it was closed until mid Nov. We had coupons for free jello shots at Fat Tuesdays and spent 5-10 min in there. It was across the street from Caroline's Cafe where we went for lunch. There is a photo taken with our food at 12:39. Good food and service, BTW.

We then have two photos inside the Lazy Gecko at 1:25. From there we walked down Greene to another Blonde Giraffe only to find the same closed sign. We were told there was a Kermits farther down on Greene. There is a photo of us eating our key lime pie at 1:44.

We wandered around the streets near the cruise ship and have various photos of statues at 2:30 and shortly thereafter.

As you can see, we did quite a bit in five and a half hours and had a good time. If you have any questions, let me know.

Sounds like a great plan and is easily doable.

It is refreshing to see someone not "overplan" their first visit to Key West.

Mike:)

I still have you on my email list when I started going crazy regarding this cruise. Since then another couple who cruised the Legend last January decided to join us, so there will be the 4 of us, none of us have been to Key West, and none of us are drinkers, so bar hopping just didn't do it for me. Thank you for your help, and your confidence in me. Since we last wrote I have managed to take up walking and lose 30 pounds, but hubby still has the ankle and hip problems and I keep telling him he has to get in shape! I mapped it out, the walk is a little under 3 miles, and of course I had to get that Key lime pie in there!

Thank you for your help, and your confidence in me. Since we last wrote I have managed to take up walking and lose 30 pounds, but hubby still has the ankle and hip problems and I keep telling him he has to get in shape! I mapped it out, the walk is a little under 3 miles, and of course I had to get that Key lime pie in there!

That is great news! Congratulations on the weight loss.

Contact me again when you get a chance as I have lost our past emails.

Mike:)

• 3 years later...