Sawgrass Mills Mall Express (Ends at FLL)?

Has anyone done this tour at the end of their cruise in Fort Lauderdale? Any opinions would be appreciated. We have a late-ish flight (4pm) and looking to pass some time. Do they hold your luggage for you on the bus, or are you pulling it will you in the mall?

Thanks!

I've done this excursion.

We were dropped at the mall a bit before it opened. Your cases are kept on the bus. One of the stores is open with refreshments; maps are available as are coupons :)

There's a Starbucks there with free wi fi. You get plenty of time to visit the stores and do some last minute shopping before heading home.

• 1 year later...
I've done this excursion.

We were dropped at the mall a bit before it opened. Your cases are kept on the bus. One of the stores is open with refreshments; maps are available as are coupons :)

There's a Starbucks there with free wi fi. You get plenty of time to visit the stores and do some last minute shopping before heading home.

Hi Linda. Do you remember what time you were picked up at the port and what time you were dropped off at the Fort Lauderdale airport? Thanks!!

Edited by cruiser1836

We've just finished a cruise on Vision & booked an end of cruise trip before we went (not this one but another tour) to kill time before our flight which wasn't until 5.30pm from MIA.

Two days before the end of the cruise we were informed that all of the end of cruise tours had been cancelled due to lack of interest, so be prepared to have an alternative means of getting to the airport just in case.

Luckily we were able to book the ship to airport transfer (even though it was after the last date notified in the Cruise Compass) but we were at MIA by 10.30am so a very long wait!

We did not do this as part of the ship excursion, but did it ourselves. There were 4 of us in our group and our flight was around 6:00pm.

We took a taxi to the airport (approx. $10, I think), picked up our rental car (approx. $40) and drove to the mall. It is large and we spent a lot of time there, including having lunch at PF Changs. We had planned on stopping at the beach for an hour or so on our way back to the airport, but we spent too much time shopping.

All said, it was around $50 total for all 4 of us (not counting purchases :eek:). It was a relaxing last day. We arrived at the airport, checked in, and boarded our plane without issue.

Just a thought if there are more than 2 in your party or you don't want to wait for the bus to fill up, etc.

Hi Linda. Do you remember what time you were picked up at the port and what time you were dropped off at the Fort Lauderdale airport? Thanks!!

Hi :D

I've had to look through the blog.... didn't make a note of what time the pick up was I'm afraid. I seem to recall I headed for the bus as opposed to going to the meet place on board to get the sticker..... :o

I flew out of MIA and the journey was a nightmare.... there'd been a pile up on the freeway....

The same thing happened to some friends....booked the excursion and it was cancelled due to lack of interest. But when I was with a friend on a cruise that ended in FLL we did the thing of going to the airport and renting a car for the day (at that time, 8 years ago, it was $20 for the day) and went to Sawgrass on our own. Had a nice leisurely day there and had plenty of time to get back for our 7 pm flight.