what's wrong with deck 6 on breeze?

billy10

was reading a couple of reviews & they said after the horror stories they read about deck 6 they switched well I'm booked in 6356. Anyone been on this deck that can shed some light on deck 6? Thanks

I read this: Cabin numbers from the middle of the ship to the aft of the ship (cabins 6284-6507) might have significant noise coming from the late night action below. Some of the worst cabins on the Carnival Breeze are on Upper Deck. If you are light sleeper, you may prefer a cabin elsewhere on the ship, or bring earplugs.

On the Breeze's Deck 6, cabins 6389, 6393, 6366, 6436 and 6467 are next to elevators and may be noisy.

Cabin 6338 overlooks a large whirlpool, which does generate some noise issues.

was reading a couple of reviews & they said after the horror stories they read about deck 6 they switched well I'm booked in 6356. Anyone been on this deck that can shed some light on deck 6? Thanks

This is my first cruise and I am on Level 6 also....hope someone can fill us in on whats is sooooo bad about this level....:confused:

I read this: Cabin numbers from the middle of the ship to the aft of the ship (cabins 6284-6507) might have significant noise coming from the late night action below. Some of the worst cabins on the Carnival Breeze are on Upper Deck. If you are light sleeper, you may prefer a cabin elsewhere on the ship, or bring earplugs.

On the Breeze's Deck 6, cabins 6389, 6393, 6366, 6436 and 6467 are next to elevators and may be noisy.

Oh great cabin 6437...My first cruise and the booking agent told me this room was far from the elevator & never said what was below my room....ugh..tried level7 but not luck:(

Oh great cabin 6437...My first cruise and the booking agent told me this room was far from the elevator & never said what was below my room....ugh..tried level7 but not luck:(

6437 is on the opposite side of the ship from 6436 and right in the middle of a nice sized hallway. There are staterooms above you and Bonsai Sushi below. You'll be fine. Not a bad room at all. :) Check out the deck plans on Carnival's website, that's where I got this info. You'll be so close to everything on Deck 6, I'd keep that room.

These are the views you end up with because of the deck 5 lanai...loss of privacy:

You beat me to it, I was going to caution potential Deck 6 balcony cruisers about the complete loss of balcony due to the Lanai below (that juts way out). Deck 7 is a little better but still not great. Much better off on Decks 8 and 9.

This is my first cruise and I am on Level 6 also....hope someone can fill us in on whats is sooooo bad about this level....:confused:

Basically, Deck 5 has lots of public areas, which can be noisy. In addition, Deck 5 has an outdoor promenade that goes all the way around and includes 4 whirlpools, which I think is great, but If you have a balcony, you're subject to noises from there too. I try to book cabins that have other cabins above and below to eliminate the noise issue (or lessen it at least)

6437 is on the opposite side of the ship from 6436 and right in the middle of a nice sized hallway. There are staterooms above you and Bonsai Sushi below. You'll be fine. Not a bad room at all. :) Check out the deck plans on Carnival's website, that's where I got this info. You'll be so close to everything on Deck 6, I'd keep that room.

Oh thank you so much for the info.....I will check out the deck plans...I shall keep the room thanks to you..:p Looking forward to this cruise....

I don't think I'd ever book a deck 6 room on that class of ship. the balconies have NO privacy. I'd even feel weird sitting out there in a robe and you'd have to keep your shades shut all the time. The people on the lanai that wraps the ship on deck five could almost reach up and shake your hand if you leaned over.

Other issue would be noise whether balcony or not. Forward you have the theatre under you, then music at night in the atrium, Ocean Plaza, Red Frog, Piano Bar, & Disco. Plus the comedy club. Deck five is where most of the "noise" happens so i'd want to be far away. Once I saw the ship layout I was very glad we had booked a Cove balcony on 2.

Oh thank you so much for the info.....I will check out the deck plans...I shall keep the room thanks to you..:p Looking forward to this cruise....

You're going to have some traffic below you, people walking around the deck during the day. You will also have Jimmy's C-Side BBQ at lunch on sea days, but will you be in your room/balcony at lunch on sea days? I doubt it. :)

At night you'll have your views of the ocean and little traffic on the deck below.

Enjoy your first cruise, the Breeze is one of Carnival's best ships. We had a great time on her and would go again in a heart beat. :D

Elevators do not provide any noise, people do.

I don't think I'd ever book a deck 6 room on that class of ship. the balconies have NO privacy. I'd even feel weird sitting out there in a robe and you'd have to keep your shades shut all the time. The people on the lanai that wraps the ship on deck five could almost reach up and shake your hand if you leaned over.

Other issue would be noise whether balcony or not. Forward you have the theatre under you, then music at night in the atrium, Ocean Plaza, Red Frog, Piano Bar, & Disco. Plus the comedy club. Deck five is where most of the "noise" happens so i'd want to be far away. Once I saw the ship layout I was very glad we had booked a Cove balcony on 2.

Have you already sailed with a the Breeze? I think I can still get a Cove balcony on 2 but will have to check...Did you enjoy your room? The 2 couples I am traveling with both have inside cabins but I need to see the ocean....:p

I think I can get an Aft cabin on level 6 but didn't want the movement...Not sure if I will get seasick being my first cruise...I'd rather deal with noise than getting sick:eek:

We were in an aft balcony on deck 8 and had soot all over our furniture and balcony floor. My in-laws were on deck 6 and enjoyed people watching on their balcony.

You don't have a noisy venue under your room, no nightclubs. You'll be fine. Relax and have a great cruise. Take notes and write a review when you get back. ;)

You're going to have some traffic below you, people walking around the deck during the day. You will also have Jimmy's C-Side BBQ at lunch on sea days, but will you be in your room/balcony at lunch on sea days? I doubt it. :)

At night you'll have your views of the ocean and little traffic on the deck below.

Enjoy your first cruise, the Breeze is one of Carnival's best ships. We had a great time on her and would go again in a heart beat. :D

I hope I will not be in the cabin during the day....Just need less noise at night when trying to sleep...which I might not do much of..Hope I am having too much fun:p Thank you again....I really do appreciate your input.

We were in an aft balcony on deck 8 and had soot all over our furniture and balcony floor. My in-laws were on deck 6 and enjoyed people watching on their balcony.

You don't have a noisy venue under your room, no nightclubs. You'll be fine. Relax and have a great cruise. Take notes and write a review when you get back. ;)

Yes I really need to relax...getting to worked up about finally having a vacation after sooo many years....I think I forgot how to relax......

Have you already sailed with a the Breeze? I think I can still get a Cove balcony on 2 but will have to check...Did you enjoy your room? The 2 couples I am traveling with both have inside cabins but I need to see the ocean....:p

I LOVED the cove balcony. Try to go forward vs. aft on location so you don't end up under the galley. We were up under the guest services desk so very quiet. We never had a problem catching an elevator up to Lido or the promenade area (the glass ones aren't used very much) and shore days we could just pop up the stairs to our room.

Being so close to the water was amazing. It also made for fun people watching at the gangway in port. The balcony is also slightly larger than a standard. The only drawback I saw was that in wind and choppy seas the salt spray would crust on the rails and furniture out there. After the first couple days I learned to wipe everything down and just wear an old pair of shorts and t-shirt out there instead of nicer clothes or dinner outfits. My Dh also didn't like that it was fairly bright out there at night due to the lighting from the lifeboats above but it didn't bother me as much.

If I ever sail the Breeze or a sister ship again, the only balconies I'd book would be cove or something either far forward/aft and HIGH up (like deck 9, 10, 11 -spa rooms area so as to not be right on top of the lanai.

Elevators do not provide any noise, people do.

Billy 10, your room is a different story. You're close to the elevators, you may hear pax talking as they get on or off the elevators. No need to panic but just be aware that you may hear some conversations/noise from that area.

I LOVED the cove balcony. Try to go forward vs. aft on location so you don't end up under the galley. We were up under the guest services desk so very quiet. We never had a problem catching an elevator up to Lido or the promenade area (the glass ones aren't used very much) and shore days we could just pop up the stairs to our room.

Being so close to the water was amazing. It also made for fun people watching at the gangway in port. The balcony is also slightly larger than a standard. The only drawback I saw was that in wind and choppy seas the salt spray would crust on the rails and furniture out there. After the first couple days I learned to wipe everything down and just wear an old pair of shorts and t-shirt out there instead of nicer clothes or dinner outfits. My Dh also didn't like that it was fairly bright out there at night due to the lighting from the lifeboats above but it didn't bother me as much.

If I ever sail the Breeze or a sister ship again, the only balconies I'd book would be cove or something either far forward/aft and HIGH up (like deck 9, 10, 11 -spa rooms area so as to not be right on top of the lanai.

Thank you..my first cruise and hoping it wont be my last....It was on my bucket list...:p Right now the wind is howling outside here in Iowa...think wind chill -10 degree..at this point I would sleep in the lifeboats to get away from the weather.....Thank you again for your reply