United checked luggage charge question

ncovert

I understand that the luggage charge for the first piece is $25 and the second piece is $35. I am wondering if there is a different price for a first class ticket. Any help understanding their guidelines is greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

You do realize that United.com has the answer correct?

But, to save you having to look it up...First/Business first get the first 2 checked bags free.

Thank you, sorry for my ignorance. I was looking at their verbiage and wanted to make sure I was reading it correct and not just assuming that I want it said was what I wanted it to say. Again, thank you!

As a follow-up to a previous post, and for future reference, United.com provides a "calculator" of sorts that will indicate baggage charges. Charges are not the same for everybody.

OP also should be aware (as should everyone) that $25 for a first bag/$35 for a second bag is not across the board, even for non-status travelers. LAX to Newark - yes. LAX to Tokyo - no (where it's $0 for one, but $100 for two). It depends on many factors including, but not limited to, route and status.

It depends on many factors including, but not limited to, route and status.

Don't forget to now add in Credit Cards, if you have a certain airline affiliated credit card you and up to "X" amount traveling with you can get no charge check baggage.