Conquest now in New Orleans!

yuyi64

The Carnival Conquest just docked a few minutes ago at the New Orleans cruise terminal. How great to see OUR ship back where she belongs, even if only temporarily! The Ecstasy is supposed to be docking here also either later today or tomorrow.

The Carnival Conquest just docked a few minutes ago at the New Orleans cruise terminal. How great to see OUR ship back where she belongs, even if only temporarily! The Ecstasy is supposed to be docking here also either later today or tomorrow.

Web cam link............http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_building_webcam.htm

Hate that the Conquest is back in NOLA under these circumstances but it really is great to see the Conquest back in NOLA.

Now I'm wondering if she stays for a while if I can change my Oct 23rd Fantasy cruise to a cruise on the Conquest.

A girl can dream can't she?

I noticed that Carnival is still booking the Conquest for Sept 28 out of Galveston.... ? .. I am sure that they are just not looking into the situation just yet for the Conquest..... It seems that she should be in N.O. for a while unless Houston has a Port for the Conquest to use...

It's possible to go out of Gulfport if conditions warrant it. We're just waiting to see where it is we're leaving from.

Welcome home Conquest???? Her home is Galveston... just picking at you :) The only time we cruised her "from New Orleans" she was really going out of Gulfport. The other times we have been on her were out of Galveston. Based on all I am seeing and hearing it could be a while before Galveston is in any condition to accept her back so.....she may well be there a while.

She is not yours....she is ours..she left you..she has moved on.....again just kidding :) Hate to see the cause of her having to go back to New Orleans or anywhere else. Galveston really took a hit. Thoughts and prayers are with all those folks.

It's possible to go out of Gulfport if conditions warrant it. We're just waiting to see where it is we're leaving from.

Not since Katrina. Not unless you want to get off the ship at the banana pier. Gulfport did plan on building a terminal but so far it has not gotten off the drawing boards.

Dave

I noticed that Carnival is still booking the Conquest for Sept 28 out of Galveston.... ? .. I am sure that they are just not looking into the situation just yet for the Conquest..... It seems that she should be in N.O. for a while unless Houston has a Port for the Conquest to use...

Houston built a brand new port about 2 years ago trying to get more business in there. The thing depends on electricity right now seeing how there is a major problem with that.

I wonder what the average person on the boat is going to do.

Their airline ticket home says they are leaving out of Houston. Will the airlines allow them to fly home to their hometown for no additional cost? I doubt it. Most who do not have travel insurance will likely have to buy a very expensive one way last minute ticket to their hometown from New Orleans. Their return Airline ticket from Houston is likely worthless according to my friend who works for a travel agency.

If they drive to Galveston at the start of their trip, and parked their car in the Galveston Port Garage, they are likely not able to access their car for at least a week and likely it is ruined. I hope the people have good insurance with a low deductible.

If the passengers drove to Galveston is the cruiseline going to bus them to their hometowns, or are they on their own?

I wonder what the average person on the boat is going to do.

Their airline ticket home says they are leaving out of Houston. Will the airlines allow them to fly home to their hometown for no additional cost? I doubt it. Most who do not have travel insurance will likely have to buy a very expensive one way last minute ticket to their hometown from New Orleans. Their return Airline ticket from Houston is likely worthless according to my friend who works for a travel agency.

If they drive to Galveston at the start of their trip, and parked their car in the Galveston Port Garage, they are likely not able to access their car for at least a week and likely it is ruined. I hope the people have good insurance with a low deductible.

If the passengers drove to Galveston is the cruiseline going to bus them to their hometowns, or are they on their own?

Having been "stranded" on a ship for an extra day becasue of a hurricane, I can tell you it's not all fun and games. Everybody is stressed about everything and it's really not a fun environment. Locals were worried about their houses and out-of-towners about their flights. One thing I did find amusing were all the people walking around in the wind and rain on an outside deck trying to get a cell phone signal. Had to be 50 people at one time wandering around with their cell phones in the air. Many people were trying to rebook flights while still on the ship but nobody knew for sure when we would dock so they were working in vain. I just waited until we docked, got off the ship and to the airport and went to the ticket counter. Explained my case to the agent and got confirmed on a flight that afternoon to DC and had to go standby on my connecting flight from there. I was never charged a penalty. Others I met in the airport while waiting for my flight were saying they had to wait 2-3 days to confirm but were going standby on every flight until they left. Not fun. Airlines will do what they can but pretty much everyone is standby and that could take days. Greyhound might be a better option nowadays.

Archived