Does Carnival still charge a dollar extra for the glass?

When I ordered my mixed drinks, e.g pina colada etc and received it in their standard colorful plastic "glasses" I was charged a dollar extra for the glass.

If I wanted another drink, I would have to take the empty plastic cup back to the bar so I wasn't charged the extra dollar again.

Does Carnival still do this?

If so, how do others handle this? The thought of having to carry my empty around with me until I'm thirsty again doesn't sound like fun!!

When I ordered my mixed drinks, e.g pina colada etc and received it in their standard colorful plastic "glasses" I was charged a dollar extra for the glass.

If I wanted another drink, I would have to take the empty plastic cup back to the bar so I wasn't charged the extra dollar again.

Does Carnival still do this?

If so, how do others handle this? The thought of having to carry my empty around with me until I'm thirsty again doesn't sound like fun!!

Sounds like you've been getting your drinks in a souvenir glass of some sort, but they're usually more than a dollar. If you get your drink in a regular glass, you shouldn't be getting charged a dollar, and you don't have to carry around the empty glass.

Carnival no longer sells the drink of the day in a Souvenir glass. And if you have an old one they may serve it in the glass but it will be the regular price.

You can get the drink of the day in a souvenir glass/cup, but you have to ask for it.

Can you tell me how much the DOD's are these days? Thanks!

Sorry, but I haven't committed that information to my long-term memory (which seems to grow shorter as I get older). If you go to Zydecocruiser.com, you'll be able to find bar prices, and I think D.O.D. prices are on there too.

Sorry, but I haven't committed that information to my long-term memory (which seems to grow shorter as I get older). If you go to Zydecocruiser.com, you'll be able to find bar prices, and I think D.O.D. prices are on there too.

Trust me, I totally understand the memory thing. I think my kids have zapped all of mine :D. Will check out the website, thanks!

Zydecocruiser, that's the name I was trying to remember. THANKS!

You can get the drink of the day in a souvenir glass/cup, but you have to ask for it.

The hurricane style souvenir glasses have been being phased out across the fleet.....I don't think I saw one on any of the ships I was on last year, I needed the teal one to complete my set.

You can purchase a tumbler from Red Frog or the Carnival Tumbler and they will serve a DoD in those.

The hurricane style souvenir glasses have been being phased out across the fleet.....I don't think I saw one on any of the ships I was on last year, I needed the teal one to complete my set.

You can purchase a tumbler from Red Frog or the Carnival Tumbler and they will serve a DoD in those.

The hurricane style souvenir glasses show up from time to time on ebay, along with other souvenir glasses from Carnival. You may be able to find the teal one on there.;)

I have a whole collection of souvenier glasses that are actually made of (gulp) GLASS! :-) I sure wish they'd bring those back. I do not like drinking out of plastic.

Edited by Taters

I just got off the Paradise and the most expensive DOD was $17. They were average $15 I think. With tip. I did get the hurricane glass on embarkation day. ImageUploadedByForums1400105224.109577.jpg.54a1dd70e51a1adc44ff11e0726f7e6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Paradise and the most expensive DOD was $17. They were average $15 I think. With tip. I did get the hurricane glass on embarkation day. [ATTACH]312736[/ATTACH]

As a note, they are only that expensive in those glasses. They are more like $8 in regular non-souvenir glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As a note, they are only that expensive in those glasses. They are more like $8 in regular non-souvenir glasses.

Yes. And those glasses are way more appealing when you're drunk.

Yes. And those glasses are way more appealing when you're drunk.

Fact