Oriana's cabins air conditioning

jenpet

We are on the Oriana cruise on the 8th Aug 14. I have read somewhere people have had problems with the air conditioning not working properly in their cabins.

With the current hot temperatures in places we are visiting, I dread not having air conditioning in the cabin if ours happens to be faulty. We are in an outside one, we booked too late for a balcony where we could have opened the balcony door if needed.

Does anyone know if passengers get moved to another cabin if their air conditioning does not work?

We like our cabin cold - to the same temp as found on American lines, however on Ventura even on the coldest setting our cabin still wasnt cool. We called an engineer and he said the whole ship was warmer than previous, as they are trying to save fuel/money by not using as much air con throughout the ship.

As you may have guessed ,they will send an engineer out to look at your aircon, but they would not move you.

They try to sail as full as possible, so do not have spare cabins to move people to.

Take a little water sprayer. Fill it with cold water and put in the fridge. I always find a few squirts of that cools me down. Leave it to evaporate off you.

If you do have the sunny side, keep your curtains pulled across, that helps keep it a bit cooler.

As earlier poster said, even if you had a balcony, opening the door would have killed the air con, and you would be letting warm/hot air into the cabin, so not a good idea.

It's actually not true that they don't have cabins available, because if you think about it, if one cabin had a fire or a sewage problem, they would have to find another, so I would bet they do. Also, when I had a problem with a really loud noise in my cabin, they moved me and the ship was apparently full.

However if the problem was the general air con was not turned down low enough for the op and even turning it down in the cabin did not make it cool enough, moving to another cabin would serve no purpose.

Loud noises(unless the noise was general to that area)/sewerage problem/fire-I can understand they would move someone.

Air con -bit iffy.

It's actually not true that they don't have cabins available, because if you think about it, if one cabin had a fire or a sewage problem, they would have to find another, so I would bet they do. Also, when I had a problem with a really loud noise in my cabin, they moved me and the ship was apparently full.

Yes no ship sails completely full. If there is a major problem they will be above to move you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The air con broke down in the middle of the night in our inside cabin On Oriana. One call to the reception and they kindly brought along a fan to use.

Lo and behold, within a couple of hours, the air con was back working again.

Well done P&O for their very swift action.

Also for reference, the air con temperature was manually set in each cabin and we found was very comfortable once you got the hang of it.