Wi-fi package Millennium - cost?

surgie

Internet on most ships, including Celebrity, is by the minute, not day or week. Most people buy packages of minutes and the cost varies widely. The larger packages usually work out to less per minutes, but none are cheap. Be aware, too, that generally speeds are pretty slow, especially at sea. They've improved but will not be as fast as you are probably used to.

The best bet is often to wait for a port and find an internet café or a hot spot. The portside cafes usually are cheaper and have computers available if you don't bring your own. They are not fancy places but useful.

You should be able to buy a package for your entire cruise. The cost depends on obviously how long a cruise and if you are a Captains Club member - they will deduct the proportionate cost of the cclub free minutes. This is available on most ships. Need to call Celebrity and ask.

You should be able to buy a package for your entire cruise. The cost depends on obviously how long a cruise and if you are a Captains Club member - they will deduct the proportionate cost of the cclub free minutes. This is available on most ships. Need to call Celebrity and ask.

I will call and ask. We were on RCCL Oasis in January and they had weekly packages available and had recently upgraded the speed. It worked great so I was hoping for the same on X but I will call to find out if no one here has recent info.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the cost per week for wi-fi on Millennium? We will be traveling at the end of May.

We took the cheapest package which cost $59. However, the internet was so slow that it was quite worthless. I agree with others regarding wifi in ports.

Depending on your itinerary - in HGK there was great wifi in the port area.

Vietnam, we had great wifi free from many of the hotels or coffee shops.

I am not going to bother with internet in the future for this reason.

Honestly don't bother, complete rip off and terribly slow on every cruise we have taken, as others have said wait until you're in port and use wifi at a fraction of the cost as the crew do.

You'll get, and are getting varying answers for a few reasons, including the fact that location of ship impact internet. More bandwidth and satellites are available in the Caribbean and Med, so speeds there will be better. In Asia we were told 1 satellites was being shared between two ships, so speeds were MUCH slower. Also impacting your answers is the fact that Celebrity is testing weekly all inclusive plans on some ships, testing different prices but there have been prices from $199-$299 for a week to 10 days on these boards. A pretty big range. Finally, Oasis has a much different system then any Celebrity ship, allowing for much faster speeds:

See this:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2014/10/20/just-back-from-oasis-of-the-seas-whats-new-after-its-makeover/

Happy sailing,

Jenna