Inflatable Pool Recommendation for 16 month old?

pnutzlaw

Can anyone provide a link for the purchase of an inflatable baby pool -- not the duck bathtub (too small), but something not too big where it becomes offensive to other passengers? We are cruising with our 16 month old on the Celebrity Silhouette in 2 weeks. I know, X is not the ideal ship for a toddler who is not potty trained, but due to various factors this is the cruise on which we are sailing. I found this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Sunset-Glow-Baby-Pool/dp/B000I9RZOW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388347170&sr=8-3&keywords=inflatable+baby+pool

On the Explorer of the Seas in August, he was able to splash around on the deck by the kiddie pool and waterslide, but X does not afford that option. We have no intention of breaking any rules, but want to give him the option to splash around a bit. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That one looks decent and pretty small (which is good). We had a similarly sized pool for DD when we sailed and she was 16 months. We only used it once though, on our balcony. You might consider if your child will miss having a pool and how many sea days you have - our cruise was only 2 sea days and we went to the beach 3 of 4 port days, so we probably could have just skipped the wading pool and tried to avoid the pool with DD in tow. (We did a 3-night on Disney when she was 2 and didn't even make it to the designated splash area since we were at the beach both full days and had pool time at our resort on embarkation day).

Not sure if you have a balcony, but in think that is the only way I would be comfortable setting up a pool (or an open deck space that was not crowded), the pool decks just seem very busy a lot of the time, but I think some people on here do setup baby pools on the pool decks, so they might have tips regarding out-of-the-way spaces

I would imagine a real pool of any kind will be too big. The "tub" idea is the best....takes up no more space than a chair... Plus...emptying something larger than a tub will be a real pain...you can't just dump it on the deck! You have to be able to empty it into a drain of some sort!

You could avoid the pool area on the ship with the diapered one, and save swimming for beaches, where diapers don't matter!

• 4 weeks later...

When you were on explorer was there a baby area or did the staff just look the other way per se? We are on Adventure next Dec and they won't have a area for non potty trained kids. For the afternoon our oldest wants to be at Adventure beach, I plan to lug a mini pool on board to use on the days the kids don't come to the beach with us. My rep told me everyone lets their kids do what your child did on Explorer but I don't want to risk getting to Puerto Rico without a small pool for my 2 yr old just incase she's wrong! Thoughts? In the past when our oldest was 15 months we bought a mini pool in a box from Target. It wasn't pricey and was big enough for him to at least sit and play. We let it dry on the balcony each day and pinned it down so it wouldn't blow away. We threw it out at the end of the week. If I recall it had Disney Cars characters on it.

I think I found this on amazon -- our son had a lot of fun in his private pool!

[ATTACH]296896[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]296897[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]296898[/ATTACH]

Where then did you dump the water :confused: