B2B different ships, upgrade latitude level

electro

Hi,

I'll be sailing on the 4 day sky Feb 2 to 6 and then on the Pearl from Feb 6 to 13th.

The sky cruise will give me enough points to get me to platinum level but will the points credited to my account quick enough for me to get the platinum perks on the Pearl sailing that I board the day that I get off the sky?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Lois

I would go to the Latitudes rep when they first have office hours ( should be listed in the daily) and bring my room key from the Sky. I would think this is easy for them to take care of.

The room key from Sky won't tell the Cruise Consultant how many points the passenger will get, there are too many variables (booking date, cabin category, cruise length).

In my personal experience they need to be able to see the updated points from HQ computer system and the data most likely won't be available already on disembarkation day but only the day after.

Last year we were in the same situation but we had one night between the cruises and still we had to ask them to manually update our status after boarding (the keycards given at checkin are pre-printed so there is no way that the status on the card would be updated when embarking on this kind of schedule).

Edited by Demonyte

we had this situation on our back to back cruise on Jade this August-turned from gold to platinum after first leg

we asked the cruise consultant on board what would happen and he said he gets a list a few days before start of cruise of lattitudes guests-he said he would check particularly for our names

sure enough 2 days before 2nd week he spotted us and said we were confirmed on the next level and to visit guest services to get our key cards updated

Hi,

I'll be sailing on the 4 day sky Feb 2 to 6 and then on the Pearl from Feb 6 to 13th.

The sky cruise will give me enough points to get me to platinum level but will the points credited to my account quick enough for me to get the platinum perks on the Pearl sailing that I board the day that I get off the sky?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Lois

It takes 24-48 hours for the points to credit. So, the 2nd day of your Pearl cruise ask the onboard cruise consultant to take care of checking your current status and getting it into the ship computer. Then go to the front desk to get a new key card showing the new status. That is what we did on the 2nd leg of a b2b when our tier level changed.

Edited by NMLady