If I don't sign up for anything in Costa Maya ...

silly2003

If I don't sign up for anything in Costa Maya, is there anything to do and can we get a taxi to a beach or something to spend an hour?

I was originally going to sign up for Ya Ya beach club, but really we would probably only like to hang out for an hour before heading back to the pool on the ship (and more shade) and I hate to pay $75 - $90 for such a short time. We are 2 adults and one 8 year old boy.

In Roatan we will be taking a tour and snorkeling, in Belize we are tubing and I'm not sure about Cozumel, but probably a beach thing, so I don't feel a need to spend another entire day on the beach.

When we are in Costa Maya, only our boat (RC) will be in port, if that makes a difference.

You can take a taxi or a tram to the malecon. You can get a brief look at some of the places by going tot he Beach Club Breakdown thread in the sticky above this board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920888&page=2

page 2 posts #26-#33.

You DO NOT need to sign up to go to YaYa Beach or most of the beaches along the malecon. Look into Tropicante. If you take the tram out of the cruise port , it's first stop is Tequila Beach. Again no need for reservations.

You can also check on your ship once you board to see if they have any excursions that interest you. Some times not all get listed in advance.

Just get on the trolley and head over to the Malecon for a few hours. It's super easy to do and about 5-8 minutes from the port. We go to Blue Kay (my review in my signature with tons of pictures) and hung out and it's a beautiful beach. There's PLENTY of shade there with palm trees everywhere. :)