11-17-2016 Thursday Weigh-In

FlamingJune1967

Good morning all you losers!

I'm filling in for Belle while she is away, and I'm no poet so here is a acrostic I copied from the web:

Motivation for Weight Loss

M-make short term goals

O-out with the negative thoughts

T-think of why you want it

I-imagine how you will feel

V-visualize the future you

A-acknowledge your successes

T-treat yourself with respect

I-investigate new ideas and foods

O-observe your healthy lifestyle

N-never give up and never give in

Author: unknown

I wanted to make sure this thread was up for the early risers so I haven't weighed in yet.

How did everyone do this past week?

Thank you for the Motivation! Been a rough week. Started losing in August, lost 35lbs. Added exercise and have been gaining this week. I know its muscle/ water but I'm still a little frustrated. It's okay though. I have this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Down 4 lb and restarted my membership at the Y. Did one circuit of the workout machines and was thoroughly disgusted at how little I could do at each. But, as DH kept pointing out, it's better than what I have been doing, i.e, NOTHING! Probably won't make it tonight as we have a snowstorm on the way, but should be back on our planned Tue/Thu/Sat schedule this weekend.

Kat, years ago, when I was seriously ice skating (practicing hours nearly every night), I actually didn't lose weight - but I lost 3 dress sizes. Wish I could start skating again but it's not a good idea after a hip replacement.

Edited by mamasylvia

Hello,

June, thanks for the thread. Enjoyed your motivational saying.

Congrats losers and welcome newcomers.

I stayed the same. Broken record for me. On the other hand I am happy I am not gaining.

I won't be weighing in the next 2 Thursdays. Hubby and I leave for China on Thanksgiving.

We will be on a cruise down the Yangtze river the last 5 days.

Will be back home Dec. 5th. Will try to stop in but if not will definitely weigh-in on Dec. 8th.

Have a good week everyone.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

HI all!

Mendy ~ thanks for starting the thread & the motivation!

Belle ~ oh I love PV. Hope you had a nice day there.

DIana ~have a great trip!

easyboy ~ welcome to the thread!:D

Well, I gained 6/10 lb so am getting fed up.:o I started doing my Wii Fit again & am using My Fitness Pal to track calories. I want to be 20 lbs lighter than I am before February's trip to Panama.

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~:)

HI all!

Mendy ~ thanks for starting the thread & the motivation!

Belle ~ oh I love PV. Hope you had a nice day there.

DIana ~have a great trip!

easyboy ~ welcome to the thread!:D

Well, I gained 6/10 lb so am getting fed up.:o I started doing my Wii Fit again & am using My Fitness Pal to track calories. I want to be 20 lbs lighter than I am before February's trip to Panama.

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~:)

I've been too scared to weigh myself after the cruises. Maybe next week.

Hi all. I decided to check into my favorite thread. Thanks Flaming for keeping this alive while Belle enjoys herself on vacation.

This is a tough time of year for those of us watching our weight. This year we've decided to eliminate a few of the usual standbys for our Thanksgiving dinner.

1-We usually have a large bowl of mixed nuts as part of our appetizers. Not this year.

2-We usually have at least 2 bottles of Champagne for appetizers (and I drink 1/2 bottle myself). Cutting back to 1 bottle.

3-We usually have two high caloric desserts - cutting back to one.

Moving to December, we celebrate both Christmas and Chanukah, so that means we have two huge meals on the horizon. We're still thinking about how to deal with that.

And then we have our cruise coming up in January - we're not depriving ourselves then, that's for sure.

Have a good week everyone.

Hi Belle! Enjoy your trip!

Welcome easyboy! We have a new check-in thread started each Thursday.

kat - I understand your frustration. I added exercise back in a couple of weeks ago and stalled my weight loss. It will work out eventually.

Great job, mamasylvia! was that 4 lbs in just one week?

Diana: China! wow! Enjoy your holiday and please share some experiences with us!

Jo: good luck with your weight loss. You can do 20 lbs in 3 months!!! I love My fitness pal too!

cruises 42: We just celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and I know what you mean about being afraid to get on the scales!

Cruiserman: thanks for checking back in with us. Those are good tips! This is a difficult time of year to be dieting, but the most important thing is to plan ahead! Without a plan, it is so easy to start eating and not stop!

Next weigh in is on U.S. Thanksgiving day - so those of you celebrating that day be sure and weigh in before the event. Then you will have a whole week to recover!

> We usually have a large bowl of mixed nuts as part of our appetizers. Not this year.

You might want to rethink this one. Nuts are nutritious and contain healthy fats. A few can actually help you eat less at the main meal with a net lower calorie intake. If everyone pigs out on them, of course, that would be counterproductive.

I normally make pumpkin pie but am skipping dessert completely this year. Two of us are trying to lose, a third should be, and the last family member is not obese and trying to stay that way. Can't avoid making my famous candied yams, but will also serve mixed veggies and omitting the jello salad.

> Great job, mamasylvia! was that 4 lbs in just one week?

Yes, and it was sure sweet although I know that won't last. ;) DH and I have also started going to the Y to work out 2-3x/wk, which will hopefully kick up my metabolism.

> be sure and weigh in before the event. Then you will have a whole week to recover!

Which I will need! lol

Hope everyone is doing great!

Diana- hope you have an amazing trip! Sounds fantastic!

Mamasylvia- way to go! I know the feeling. I suffer from arthritis in my ankles. I push through and it actually feels better after the workout. Awesome job pushing through.

Cruiserman- thanks for the tips.

Jo- you can do it. I'm still stagnant but I feel my body changing.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. My plan is veggies, turkey, and wine is my splurge. I rarely drink since my weight loss started. I really miss wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums