Greetings from Madeira

Arrived in Madeira - pretty good crossing with weather and temp improving daily. Beautiful day here in Madeira.

Met up with quite a few CCer's - great atmosphere on board and lovely to meet up with people we've been chatting to for so long in the run up to departure! :)

Bottle of bubbly in the cabin on arrival - much appreciated and went down well! :)

So far everything really good on board. Welcome show and Killer Queen last night were excellent - this is a superb show team from what we have seen so far - looking forward to seeing the rest of their shows as can those of you booked for the Caribbean this season. ;):D

Bram CD but leaving at the end of the TA - Steve Johnson taking over I believe.

Fingers crossed now for a smooth crossing. Will be in touch when I can.

great to hear from you kruzsee...pleased to hear you guys are having a fab time

a bottle of fizz waiting in cabin (I presume a thoms loyalty little thank you?)....hurrah...enjoy

Im guessing you will be striking out for the atlantic 6 day crossing soon?....enjoy those chocolates and starry skies

see you soon...have a wonderfull crossing:cool::cool:

Hi Kruzseeka. Great to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to write.

You got your bottle of Bubbly at last, well deserved. Heard on FB that Steve Johnson was taking over. He is distinguished by his "Ciao for now".

Have a wonderful calm, warm crossing to the Caribbean.

The Dream has just left Funchal :) Let's hope for calm seas :)

Hope the Atlantic is calmer than the Mediterranean was the last couple of weeks.

Dream's first PoC on 11 November was Trapani, but the skipper had to give it a miss due to the weather. He diverted to Palermo, a couple of hours further east, but had to give that a miss too. So we carried on to Messina.

On the 17th after leaving Dubrovnik we had a Sea Day heading round the Toe of Italy, and up through the Messina Strait to Cagliari. The weather turned progressively more like winter in the South Atlantic, and as we approached Sardinia we were in a Force 12 Hurricane. Little did we know at the time about the Cyclone wreaking havoc in Sardinia.

Not surprisingly we stayed clear of Messina, and we spent about 30 hours in some really nasty weather. It never stopped activities onboard apart from promenading around 9 Deck, and 11 Deck (Sirens) had the roof closed and became a conservatory.

By the time we berthed at Almeria at 0800 on Thursday 21st we'd been at sea since 1700 on Sunday 17th.

I saw Steve Johnson onboard last Thursday in Almeria, and I think he takes over from Bram on 15 December.

The Broadway shows were fabulous!

Hi all you dreamers have a fabulous crossing and make sure my ship arrives safely in Barbados. Thanks for posting on here its getting me quite excited even though its a while till we go. Saw killer queen on celebration and really enjoyed it. Kruzseeka thanks for your dedication to cc. Enjoy yourselves x shirley

Thanks all for good wishes - calm seas so far! Weather fab in Madeira - unusually so according to locals. A good start.

Have Wayne Sleep on board so will be interested to see what he's doing. Lectures good - entertaining and informative. Footie on in Waters Edge for you fans!

Capt Hugh leaving at Tortola and Capt Olbrich joining so should be in for a few yarns!

:):)

Have a good one ye all

Is that you back from Beni Shirley,good time?

Hi Jim yes we got back last night only went for four nights had a brilliant time helped along by the ten euros that you left for me. A total surprise so nice of you both have had your card up in the hotel room and got it up at home now. Went to see the show at the benidorm palace on Friday night meal and show 49 euros seats by the stage and its a fantastic show had a great night if you haven't been you must go and see it. Only a few weeks now till b2b on the dream will soon come round with Xmas in between when's your next cruise. Hope Gwen is coping OK too x