Celebrity Reflection-veggie/protein shakes on board?

nike30000

I'm traveling with some seriously healthy friends on the Reflection this November...they might go into mega withdrawals if they don't get their daily vegetable/protein shakes. Does anyone know if there is a restaurant on board that would blend up a pile of veggies and greens for them in the mornings? Sure hope so, otherwise they get cranky!

Thanks!

Nike, your best option is Aqua Spa Café but there is an upcharge for those protein shakes unless you have an ultimate dining package. They do mix them directly in front of you. They have way more than this on board and a bunch of other ingredients:

file:///C:/Users/Mark/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/K3VC2UX0/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_Breakfast.pdf

Nike, your best option is Aqua Spa Café but there is an upcharge for those protein shakes unless you have an ultimate dining package. They do mix them directly in front of you. They have way more than this on board and a bunch of other ingredients:

file:///C:/Users/Mark/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/K3VC2UX0/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_Breakfast.pdf

Thanks xmarksx...would love to see the menu you tried to post..care to try it again? Didn't work...

Acqua Spa has them but I have yet to find any that taste good enough to consume. Maybe they are an acquired taste that your friends have acquired by being serious about consuming these regularly. Or else, Celebrity just does not make them very well.

Definitely an acquired taste...no fruit and yogurt in these green shakes...so hopefully we'll find a place that will throw veggies in a blender and make them happy. We all have the "Best" beverage package, so hopefully that will help open some options for them.

As someone who enjoys juices and smoothie, I will attest that I don't think Celebrity does a good job of making the shakes. The problem is that they don't freeze any of their ingredients or add ice when appropriate so you are essentially given a warm smoothie and thus it goes horrifically wrong. My favorite juice place nearby uses frozen bananas and berries. Or they cold press their juices. Or if it is an all green smoothie, they add ice to make certain it is cold as a high speed blender will heat up the ingredients. I do believe that Celebrity may have recently switched to high speed blenders which will help part of the problem (they were not smooth at all - ick!), but I can't attest to that across all ships.

The smoothies are covered under the beverage program, but honestly, they just aren't to my liking. I would encourage your friends to try them out at the aqua spa cafe, but to not have high expectations. On the flip side, the other offerings at the aqua spa cafe are delicious!

Just off the Solstice, veggie and fruit smoothies are available at the Aqua Spa Cafe for a fee (about $4 each) or free with a beverage package. I find them delicious and drank AT LEAST one a day! They have menu formulations but will make them custom for you with any ingredients you want. My favorite is the Debloater recommended to me by a fellow passenger! You want them icy cold? just tell them to add ice to the blender which they are happy to do! Yan from China on the Solstice makes one mean smoothie.

The Aqua Spa Cafe, out by the pool, also offers other light breakfast and lunch items for free - fresh fruit plates, muesli, panninis, etc. It's a great place to eat for the health conscious (not open for dinner).

Just off the Solstice, veggie and fruit smoothies are available at the Aqua Spa Cafe for a fee (about $4 each) or free with a beverage package. I find them delicious and drank AT LEAST one a day! They have menu formulations but will make them custom for you with any ingredients you want. My favorite is the Debloater recommended to me by a fellow passenger! You want them icy cold? just tell them to add ice to the blender which they are happy to do! Yan from China on the Solstice makes one mean smoothie.

The Aqua Spa Cafe, out by the pool, also offers other light breakfast and lunch items for free - fresh fruit plates, muesli, panninis, etc. It's a great place to eat for the health conscious (not open for dinner).

Thanks for the info on the smoothies. I didn't try them when I was on Silhouette due to two factors - being so terrible on Summit AND the super long line for them. They only seemed to have one blender.

Thanks for the info on the smoothies. I didn't try them when I was on Silhouette due to two factors - being so terrible on Summit AND the super long line for them. They only seemed to have one blender.

The longest line I experienced on Solstice was one person in front of me. I saw two blenders and if you were waiting in line, another staff member would help out.

I'm a smoothie fan, I have at least one a day and tried a few when on reflection. Unfortunately they were all pretty bad. Like the other poster mentioned they are warm and the blender isn't very powerful, plus they don't blend them long enough. So they taste fairly awful and they are sort of watery/insipid but still have far too many "bits" in.

I don't drink alcohol and upgraded to premium drinks package expecting to have lots of smoothies but after a few days of trying various different blends I gave up.

The other thing to note is that they label them as "sugar free" but they use things like "vanilla soya milk" and neither the person on the counter nor I spoke the language on the container to check if the vanilla soya milk itself was sugar free.

It was probably the only downside to an otherwise gorgeous cruise on a lovely ship. Maybe suggest to your friends they bring their own nutri bullet on board. They can bring veggies from the buffet and with ice in the cabin can probably make much better themselves.

Can kids go to the Aqua Spa Cafe? If I'm reading the deck plan properly it's located in the adults only Solarium. My son loves his smoothies and it would be great if he could pop in and get them on his own.

Yes, children can eat at Aqua Spa Cafe. Smoothies are extra cost unless your child has a beverage package. I would suggest you accompany him to the Aqua Spa Cafe to avoid any problems with children in the Solarium.