Port of Miami to Port Everglades

Nebr.cruiser

We did this in May. We took a shuttle from SAS back to FLL airport and then a cab to the port. SAS charges $15 pp and the cab was about $15-20 with tip.

Your "best" option would be a stretch limo with a stocked bar - call Larry's Limo, often suggested here for Miami service

Some more economical options, in addition to the shuttle/cab combination, include Uber (about $40+), a taxi (about $75+tip), or a one way car rental (National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles from POM to the MIA airport - show your reservation papers to the driver) - a car lets you get lunch somewhere fun and do some shopping for "cruise supplies"

Besides SAS check with QLS. MJS and Go Airport for shuttle service from POM.

Good luck!

Ok, ok, we're thinking 'cheapest' not 'best'. We have taken Larry's Limo before with a large group; probably won't use it just for us two!

We'll probably check out SAS or uber. Never have used Uber, don't really know how it works.

Ok, ok, we're thinking 'cheapest' not 'best'. We have taken Larry's Limo before with a large group; probably won't use it just for us two!

We'll probably check out SAS or uber. Never have used Uber, don't really know how it works.

Uber is easy! If a dinosaur like me can figure it out (with a little prodding from my youngest daughter) you can too! Download the app onto your phone, fill in your email, CC, etc. and enjoy the ride.

We are trying Super Shuttle. I called the others and they were more expensive - except Uber shared or regular Uber. However, Uber vans/SUV's were more expensive.

My hubby is afraid our luggage won't fit into a standard Uber car...we carry 2 29" suitcases and 2 19" carry-ons. Does anyone know if they will fit in an Uber standard car?

For this trip we booked Super Shuttle, but I would like to try Uber sometime.

Edited by Trvlr37

Ubers use standard passenger cars - most of the one picking me up in the DC area are Toyota Camary or something similar. When I was on the west coast for business they were exclusively Toyota Prius'. You should be able to squeeze all of your bags and both of you into a standard Uber, but you might need to ride with a bag on your lap.

• 3 weeks later...

Book the ride when you are ready to go - usually only a few minute wait for the car to show up. The warning for surge pricing will show up when you try to book - you might consider a cab instead of paying the surge price.

You must know a 20-something who can walk you through the process like my daughters did for me. ;)

Yep--that's what I need, a young-un to help. I guess I'm just nervous about not having a ride pinned down; we usually reserve something like SAS for transfers, but that involves a ride to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and then a taxi to Port Everglades; Uber seems simpler.

Does anyone think surge pricing is likely to be in effect on a Sunday when the cruise ships are disembarking?

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Rental car

Yep--that's what I need, a young-un to help. I guess I'm just nervous about not having a ride pinned down; we usually reserve something like SAS for transfers, but that involves a ride to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and then a taxi to Port Everglades; Uber seems simpler.

Does anyone think surge pricing is likely to be in effect on a Sunday when the cruise ships are disembarking?

If you were using a taxi you would not have that nailed down - you just grab the next one in line. Uber is sort of an electronic line - you submit your request/location via smart phone and a nearby driver will accept your request, send you his info (photo, license plate, car description, etc.) and be there in a few minutes.

Renting a car, as suggested above, would be a good idea if you needed to do some shopping for "cruise supplies" :D and maybe wanted to grab lunch before checking in for your next cruise. Unfortunately there are no car rental offices at POM, so you'd need to head into Miami or to the MIA airport to get the car. :(

I do realize, of course, that grabbing a taxi is also last minute. Not having used Uber, I was just unclear how it worked; I've learned a lot about it from these boards and will probably do this now.

Our reason for doing Uber rather than a taxi would be that the cost seems to be better, and that using Uber rather than a shuttle plus a taxi just seems easier--Uber would take us point to point.

Renting a car just seems like a hassle, plus then we have to drive in Miami traffic and find our way to the dock.

I do realize, of course, that grabbing a taxi is also last minute. Not having used Uber, I was just unclear how it worked; I've learned a lot about it from these boards and will probably do this now.

Our reason for doing Uber rather than a taxi would be that the cost seems to be better, and that using Uber rather than a shuttle plus a taxi just seems easier--Uber would take us point to point.

Renting a car just seems like a hassle, plus then we have to drive in Miami traffic and find our way to the dock.

Coming from Missouri I can understand how someone from Nebraska would be confused by this newfangled device we call a GPS, but it's just not that difficult to operate. :D

I also understand that heavy traffic in small town Nebraska is 2 cars, 3 pickups and a manure spreader lined up behind a combine, but I'm assuming your cruises will end and begin on a Saturday or Sunday and traffic between MIA airport (take shuttle from POM to MIA) and Port Everglades is not that bad. Just breath, stay alert and listen to the woman on the GPS and you will be fine. :cool:

I'm a recent (last year) convert to Uber - I find it cheaper than a taxi, with cleaner cars, friendlier drivers, and exclusive electronic payment - I am sick of cab drivers telling me their credit card machine is broken. :(

Coming from Missouri I can understand how someone from Nebraska would be confused by this newfangled device we call a GPS, but it's just not that difficult to operate. :D

I also understand that heavy traffic in small town Nebraska is 2 cars, 3 pickups and a manure spreader lined up behind a combine, but I'm assuming your cruises will end and begin on a Saturday or Sunday and traffic between MIA airport (take shuttle from POM to MIA) and Port Everglades is not that bad. Just breath, stay alert and listen to the woman on the GPS and you will be fine. :cool:

Hopefully this is tongue-in-cheek, but oh come on. We may live in the country but yes, we do use GPS and have driven in major cities all over the world. The hassle I'm talking about is renting a car, getting to the rental place, dropping it off, etc. etc.

I think we'll use Uber.

For our town, 1 car and 1 pick-up is a traffic jam! Ok, not quite, but almost.

Hopefully this is tongue-in-cheek, but oh come on. We may live in the country but yes, we do use GPS and have driven in major cities all over the world. The hassle I'm talking about is renting a car, getting to the rental place, dropping it off, etc. etc.

I think we'll use Uber.

For our town, 1 car and 1 pick-up is a traffic jam! Ok, not quite, but almost.

Well, you know what they say...The N on the Nebraska football helmet stands for "Nowledge."

You just never know about those Bug Eaters.

I'm slowly being dragged into the tech age too--with me it's by my kids and grandkids.

I'll maybe give Uber a try.

Check out online coupon codes. There are Uber coupon codes for your first ride free (up to $20 off)

Here is my link for a discount for you but you do not have to use it. To claim your $20 off, sign up using this link: https://www.uber.com/invite/ud1jb

Edited by airboss

Check out online coupon codes. There are Uber coupon codes for your first ride free (up to $20 off)

Here is my link for a discount for you but you do not have to use it. To claim your $20 off, sign up using this link: https://www.uber.com/invite/ud1jb

Thanks, we'll definitely use it. A former Bugeater, ie Cornhusker! Love those Huskers!

Thanks, we'll definitely use it. A former Bugeater, ie Cornhusker! Love those Huskers!

As a member of Marching Mizzou we used to chant...

God created Rivers, God created lakes, God created Nebraska...

BUT WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES!