Carnival Air- Memphis to Miami Help needed

gdurha99

Has anyone sailed this flight using Carnival provided air? We are sailing June 2007 aboard the Triumph and would like to know about the flight. The time it departs from Memphis, layovers,how long and where, change planes ,etc. I was just informed by my TA that it probably would not be a nonstop flight.If you departed from Memphis, please respond. Thanks

Did you check schedules/fare for Northwest. They have a hub in Memphis. I think they fly non-stop to Miami. It might be cheaper and less hassle.

I think you can cancel your Carnival air if you find a better deal. Plus you control your flights.

Judy

Little Rock

American also has a non stop flight from Memphis to Miami. We have flown from Memphis to Miami twice-once on Delta with a stop in Atlanta and once on Northwest non stop. Both were Carnival purchased air-this was a couple of years ago. Probably from a money standpoint Carnival will go with the cheapest air so they can make a little bit of profit. So I would look for the cheapest airfare that will get you to the port on time and this is the one that Carnival will PROBABLY choose.

I also live in Memphis and Northwest apparently thinks that since they are (soon to be were) the only game in town they can and do charge what they want. One of the reason I started booking my own air and flying in the day before is that I will not fly Northworst even if I do have to pay a little extra. I'm sure Northwest doesn't care but its the principle and it makes me feel a little better knowing that Northwest is not taking advantage of me.

We went to Disneyworld w/our kids and grandkids. They live in Decatur Ala and when we checked flights they could fly from Huntsville-Memphis-Orlando for $250.00. Northwest wanted Memphis residents to pay $329.00 for the Memphis-Orlando portion of the flight. Needless to say we flew AA to Orlando and have never flown Northwest again.

The only time we used Carnival air (at least since 1998) was on our cruise that left out of San Juan. Carnival put us on Northwest. This was several years ago and the Airbus had mechanical problems. Sadly it was loaded with Carnival cruisers headed to San Juan. We were at the airport early and were blessed to get on American. However, our friends did not get on the ship until the 2nd day.

American also has a non stop flight from Memphis to Miami. We have flown from Memphis to Miami twice-once on Delta with a stop in Atlanta and once on Northwest non stop. Both were Carnival purchased air-this was a couple of years ago. Probably from a money standpoint Carnival will go with the cheapest air so they can make a little bit of profit. So I would look for the cheapest airfare that will get you to the port on time and this is the one that Carnival will PROBABLY choose.

I also live in Memphis and Northwest apparently thinks that since they are (soon to be were) the only game in town they can and do charge what they want. One of the reason I started booking my own air and flying in the day before is that I will not fly Northworst even if I do have to pay a little extra. I'm sure Northwest doesn't care but its the principle and it makes me feel a little better knowing that Northwest is not taking advantage of me.

We went to Disneyworld w/our kids and grandkids. They live in Decatur Ala and when we checked flights they could fly from Huntsville-Memphis-Orlando for $250.00. Northwest wanted Memphis residents to pay $329.00 for the Memphis-Orlando portion of the flight. Needless to say we flew AA to Orlando and have never flown Northwest again.

I fly for Northwest, and I take offense at your comments about my company. Memphis International is the only profitable venture that Shelby county operates, and Northwest and FedEx are responsible for 99% of that. I guarantee you that Northwest is not leaving Memphis unless we merge with another airline. And even then Northwest may continue to have a large presence in Memphis. If Northwest did close the Memphis hub, the city would

not be able to replace the level of service Northwest currently offers. As for the fares, all of the airlines typically charge higher fares for flights originating our of their hub airports. Northwest has invested a great deal of money in the Memphis terminal, and believe me the city leaders are very happy with Northwest.

We do offer nonstop flights from Memhpis to Miami, and I have taken these flights several times. In fact we flew Northwest this summer to cruise the Valor, and all of the flights were on time. If someone chooses to connect thru Atlanta, remember that Atlanta is prone to delays due to the shear volume of traffic that Hartsfield handles on a daily basis.

Has anyone sailed this flight using Carnival provided air? We are sailing June 2007 aboard the Triumph and would like to know about the flight. The time it departs from Memphis, layovers,how long and where, change planes ,etc. I was just informed by my TA that it probably would not be a nonstop flight.If you departed from Memphis, please respond. Thanks

There is no way to know ahead of time what flight you will be on. Carnival will book you on whatever flights are available and cost the least. This means you could end up on a red eye non-stop or on a flight that stops in Washington DC and Atlanta prior to going to Miami. This is why I never book air through the cruise line. There are even times when the entire family, booked in the same cabin, does not end up on the same airplane.

Last year we had our family reunion on a Carnival ship and the majority purchased their air with Carnival.

Carnival placed everyone, except for three on Northwest. Half of the travelers where driving distance to the Memphis airport and the remaining flew into Memphis.

The only thing that upset my parents and about 13 others was that Carnival split everyone between the Miami and Fort Laurderdale flight. The boat was sailing out of Miami. The split included two wheelchairs that where together on their flight into Memphis.

When the group that arrived into Fort Lauderdale got to the airport. They had to wait an additional 2 hours for other Carnival air guest and got on the boat right before the muster drill. My mother stated that it was the most stressful time she ever had. My mother stated that on their next cruise, they are booking their own air and fly out a day ahead. But never the day of and cruise air.

Airmanship I am sorry if my post offended you. It was not my intention to offend anyone-but I am entitled to my opionion of Northwest. It is me that has had numerous bad experiences with them.

I sincerly hope that you will not lose you job and Northwest can manage to stay afloat. I choose not to spend my money with them. Over the years it seems more and more people here in Memphis feel the same way-even going so far to drive to Little Rock or Nashville to avoid Northwest prices.

I hope that the Memphis Airport Authority will let in some competition such as Southwest or one of the other low cost airlines. Since Northwest does such a great job here in Memphis they shouldn't be afraid of some real competition.

Airmanship I am sorry if my post offended you. It was not my intention to offend anyone-but I am entitled to my opionion of Northwest. It is me that has had numerous bad experiences with them.

I sincerly hope that you will not lose you job and Northwest can manage to stay afloat. I choose not to spend my money with them. Over the years it seems more and more people here in Memphis feel the same way-even going so far to drive to Little Rock or Nashville to avoid Northwest prices.

I hope that the Memphis Airport Authority will let in some competition such as Southwest or one of the other low cost airlines. Since Northwest does such a great job here in Memphis they shouldn't be afraid of some real competition.

You just don't have a clue about what you are talking about. First of all, I am not going to lose my job. LOL. Northwest has one of the lowest cost structures in the industry. With our strong route system including our huge presence in Asia, our low costs, and commitments for hundreds of new jets to continue the modernization of our expanding fleet, Northwest is poised to make huge profits in the coming years provided we don't have another 911.

I am sorry that you have had numerous bad experiences on Northwest, however forgive me for saying this, but to me it doesn't sound like you fly that much. Your comments about more and more Memphians feeling bad about Northwest is just your opinion. Have you done a survey?

As for competition, we go head to head with Southwest, Jet Blue, and AirTran in many of our domestic markets. Northwest is not scared of competition. The reason Southwest is not in Memphis is that they don't want to be in Memphis. It is ludicrous for you to say that you wish that the Memphis airport commision would let Southwest come into Memphis. Airtran is in Memphis. Why did the airport commision let Airtran in and not Southwest? You need to get your facts correct before you go spewing untruths.

As for higher fares out of the fortress hubs, all of the airlines do it. Check the differences between fares out of Houston compared to fares out of Beaumont on the same airline, Continental. Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, just to name a few hubs where you will find that the fares out of these hubs are higher than if you make a connection thru the hub.

I have been in this industry for the past 23 years. It is true that the level of service in the industry has deteriorated. It is because the travelling public is just not willing to pay for better service. The majority of the travelling public looks for the cheapest fare they can find. Most leisure travellers are not loyal to any one airline, just the lowest fare. In the past 20 years ticket prices have remained static. In some cases prices have dropped. However, the cost of running an airline has risen dramatically.

I apologize to all of you for hijacking this topic, but I couldn't remain silent to the comments of Beonniemari.

Archived