Recommendations for non-Excursion (hanging at the beach, etc.)

LpTudor

Hi, I'm hoping to get recommendations for our upcoming trip to St. John's. More specifically, my family (spouse and 2 kids ages 8 and 10) would like to potentially walk about town (assuming it's worth it) and would also like to go to a beach that is good for snorkeling (where we could potentially rent some snorkel gear or just use goggles while kids play in the water). Somewhere casual where we can get a drink and meal right on or next to the beach would be great too.

We're wiling to take a land or water taxi (assuming we can get a ride back) but would prefer not to venture more than 20 minutes away from the port. Day use resort fee recommendations are fine but we're really not intent on using a pool/shower so not sure if it would be worth it.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Hi, I'm hoping to get recommendations for our upcoming trip to St. John's. More specifically, my family (spouse and 2 kids ages 8 and 10) would like to potentially walk about town (assuming it's worth it) and would also like to go to a beach that is good for snorkeling (where we could potentially rent some snorkel gear or just use goggles while kids play in the water). Somewhere casual where we can get a drink and meal right on or next to the beach would be great too.

We're wiling to take a land or water taxi (assuming we can get a ride back) but would prefer not to venture more than 20 minutes away from the port. Day use resort fee recommendations are fine but we're really not intent on using a pool/shower so not sure if it would be worth it.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Here's a link to my website with information I've accumulated from various websites: Antigua. Be sure to read the note in red letters at the top of the webpage.

We plan to spend the day at Coconut Beach Club on Yepton Beach.

Looks like Runaway Bay and Dickenson Beach are the closest to the cruise ship dock.

Edited by candydane