Make-up brushes

GORDONCHICK

Just curious - how often do you wash your make-up brushes? I used to not was my foundation brush very often (every couple of weeks or so), but now I wash it every other day. It makes my foundation look soooo much better now that I do that. I still don't wash my shadow brushes that often because it made no difference at all.

I use 2 - blush and eyeshadow. Blush only about half the week (I alternate powder & cream blush and use my fingers for cream). I used to wash once a month but have gotten lazy (and busy:rolleyes:) and I'm lucky to do it 3-4 times a year. It's not like it takes very long - I just forget. But like you - don't notice a difference - I'm wearing usually the same colors so it's not like they change or get muddy etc.

I use 2 - blush and eyeshadow. Blush only about half the week (I alternate powder & cream blush and use my fingers for cream). I used to wash once a month but have gotten lazy (and busy:rolleyes:) and I'm lucky to do it 3-4 times a year. It's not like it takes very long - I just forget. But like you - don't notice a difference - I'm wearing usually the same colors so it's not like they change or get muddy etc.

I have 2 shadow brushes, one for light and one for dark. I brush them on a tissue if I'm changing colors.

• 4 weeks later...

I wash my foundation and concealer brushes after every use; all other brushes get washed on Sundays. The foundation and concealer brushes get deep cleaned on Sunday's. I have about 60 brushes, and I use and wash them all. I find my makeup looks so much better using clean brushes.

I wash my foundation and concealer brushes after every use; all other brushes get washed on Sundays. The foundation and concealer brushes get deep cleaned on Sunday's. I have about 60 brushes, and I use and wash them all. I find my makeup looks so much better using clean brushes.

How do you deep clean?

So I was 'inspired'! LOL - working from home today - and just took my afternoon break and WASHED all my makeup brushes (with olive oil and baby shampoo) - long overdue.

They are now all drying nicely at the edge of my tub - hope they dry by tomorrow!!! :)

How do you deep clean?

I soak them for a bit in olive oil to break up any makeup and keep the bristles soft. Then I use soap and a textured silicon mat to make sure the brush is completely clean. When I wash on a day to day basis, I just use a bit of soap that gets the worst out, but if you use cream/liquid cosmetics on your brush, you need to do a little deeper clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60 brushes?!?!

I think I've cleaned my brushes once in the past 3 years. :o

I use about 4 different eyeshadow brushes each day...and I have many shadow brushes as I change colors often. I use a color switch, but I also like using a clean brush. Then eyeliner brushes, concealer, foundation (I have several brushes depending on foundation finish...I have several different foundations), concealer setting brush, cream blush brush, setting powder brush, powder blush, bronzer, finishing powder, highlight, contour, eyebrow, lip. So, yeah...I'm a makeup junkie. My favorite brushes are the It Cosmetics brushes, both the mainstream line and the line they create for Ulta. And don't ask about how much makeup I have lol. But, I have it down to a full face of makeup in about 15 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not only do you want to clean your brushes often because it helps your makeup application, but you also have to remember that the brushes transfer oils, dirt, and bacteria so wash often. You can use a spray bottle with alcohol to spray and wipe down quickly in between really good cleanings.

• 2 weeks later...

I make my own spray cleaner with rubbing alcohol, distilled water and optional essential oil. I cut up paper towels into small squares and wipe the brushes on the paper towels after I mist the brushes with the cleaner. Once every one to two weeks I clean the brushes with soap and water.

I use about 4 different eyeshadow brushes each day...and I have many shadow brushes as I change colors often. I use a color switch, but I also like using a clean brush. Then eyeliner brushes, concealer, foundation (I have several brushes depending on foundation finish...I have several different foundations), concealer setting brush, cream blush brush, setting powder brush, powder blush, bronzer, finishing powder, highlight, contour, eyebrow, lip. So, yeah...I'm a makeup junkie. My favorite brushes are the It Cosmetics brushes, both the mainstream line and the line they create for Ulta. And don't ask about how much makeup I have lol. But, I have it down to a full face of makeup in about 15 minutes.

I absolutely LOVE the It brushes! Bought them from Ulta during the Christmas special about half-price in a silver-glitter travel case.