Eyebrow Tinting/Coloring At Home

Loves_Dogs

Has anyone here tinted their own eyebrows? My brows are light and practically invisible. Have been going to a local hair salon and having them tinted (colored), which usually lasts about a month and they look great.

Was contemplating trying this myself at home. Has anyone done this? If so, were you happy with the outcome and which brand did you use? Thank you in advance for any help.

I have colored my hair for 25 years and always put some of the color on my eyebrows while doing it. I use a q-tip to apply. You can also get this done at the spa very inexpensively. But if you color your hair it is simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could try an eyebrow gel in a light brown color. It looks like mascara and goes on like mascara, with a brush. But I've found that even the lightest color is too dark.

Wouldn't hurt to stop in a Macys or Nordstrom and check the Lancôme counter and ask to try one. If you like how it works, you can find cheaper versions in the drug store makeup aisle. There's really not much difference between the expensive version and the cheap version.

Personally I use the clear eyebrow gel for my wild and curly eyebrows, but that's a different story. ;)

I too color my own hair and apply some of the dye to my eyebrows with a Q-tip each time. I use a brand called Ion, which I buy at a beauty supply store. Very easy to do.

If you don't color your hair, you could still buy a bottle of this and a small bottle (even a sample size would last a long time) of developer and do just your eyebrows.

I have colored my hair for 25 years and always put some of the color on my eyebrows while doing it. I use a q-tip to apply. You can also get this done at the spa very inexpensively. But if you color your hair it is simple.

Ditto -- though you should note that the box specifically says not to do this. I think they're afraid you'll let it slip into your eyes, and that would be a disaster -- so be careful.

Ditto -- though you should note that the box specifically says not to do this. I think they're afraid you'll let it slip into your eyes, and that would be a disaster -- so be careful.

Thanks, Mom! Still able to see, never in my eyes!

Hi, I do mine at home with a kit called "Godefroy" It comes in several colors... They also sell a hair dye kit, so be sure to buy the one for brows. I usually buy it on Amazon or just at a beauty supply store. It lasts about 4 to 5 weeks... super happy with the results. I also use a clear brow gel to keep everything in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I was away recently one of my clients used just for men so when I tinted her brows recently they came out a different colour to normal, will take me a couple of appointments to get them back to "normal". Regular hair dye is not meant for brows.

Being "in the trade", I do my own brows and lashes with a professional product for pros only but years ago I did my own with a product I bought in Boots (UK). I too use a clear mascara for a bit of definition when needed.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER