NCL Jade forward facing suites

copper004

I have booked a forward facing deck 10 suite on the Jade sailing out of Hamburg in July 2017. I have been told by NCL that the only rule we need to follow is having the curtains closed at night, so as to not interfere with the bridge visibility. Having never booked a cabin like this, I am looking for any tips or advise. Such as, how windy does it get on sea days, can the balcony doors be opened while at sea, is the cruise experience reduced by only being able to see forward? Thanks for any insite you can provide!

Love forward facing

Usually 2 door the big water tight door and then a wooden door

Yes u can have it open when sailing but if u open it cabin door to the hall anything that isn't tied down will end up in the hall with the cyclone that is created

It is windy on deck but once u sit down we find it to be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk11d7a2d2ab4668da4533c317da426940.jpgeca3a3e439d465004318192214e51acc.jpg

Pic from inside cabin steel door behind wooden door

Edited by philip_eunice1

Stayed in Jade PH10002 for 11 days in Jan 2015 when all the other suites were already booked since I booked late. Didn't like it much as - 1. It was a little small even though I was traveling solo that trip. 2. You do have to shut the curtains (or turn off all the lights) after nightfall lest it would interfere with the bridge's functions. 3. No Haven access. 4. Relatively lengthy walk to Cagney's and the concierge's desk near the back of the ship. 5. It did get windy quite often, curtailing the enjoyment of the sole balcony in the front.

Prior to that cruise, H3 Owner Suites were my favorites because of the 2 sizable balconies. Prior to January 2015, I pretty much always book one of the 4 cornered H3s (9004, 9504, 10004, 10504) when I sailed solo on Jewel class ships. You still have to deal with the aforesaid reasons 2 and 4, but you can circumvent 5 easily because the H3s have a second, sizable, balcony on the side.

By luck, the only Haven suites available for the 2nd leg of the B2B cruise after the 11 days in Jan 2015 were H4 & H5. It was an easy decision for me as I booked the last H4 after about 20 seconds of consideration. At the end of the 1st leg of the B2B, I moved from PH10002 to H4 14510. It was then that I realized I actually liked H4s much better than H3s even though the H4's sole balcony was tiny (at least when compared to H3, H2 or H1 balconies). The fact that you are physically in the haven (making it much more convenient to enjoy everything in the Haven plus the close proximity to Cagney and the concierge's desk) and that you don't need to close the front curtains at night were entirely convincing.

Edited by Kinofdc

Great insite! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! 9504 just became available, thinking of switching. Thanks again!

If the price is right, do it. Two balconies, larger room, great bathroom, unlimited in room water/soda, 3 bottles booze, separate bathroom with sink and toilet.

Stayed in Jade PH10002 for 11 days in Jan 2015 when all the other suites were already booked since I booked late. Didn't like it much as - 1. It was a little small even though I was traveling solo that trip. 2. You do have to shut the curtains (or turn off all the lights) after nightfall lest it would interfere with the bridge's functions. 3. No Haven access. 4. Relatively lengthy walk to Cagney's and the concierge's desk near the back of the ship. 5. It did get windy quite often, curtailing the enjoyment of the sole balcony in the front.

Prior to that cruise, H3 Owner Suites were my favorites because of the 2 sizable balconies. Prior to January 2015, I pretty much always book one of the 4 cornered H3s (9004, 9504, 10004, 10504) when I sailed solo on Jewel class ships. You still have to deal with the aforesaid reasons 2 and 4, but you can circumvent 5 easily because the H3s have a second, sizable, balcony on the side.

By luck, the only Haven suites available for the 2nd leg of the B2B cruise after the 11 days in Jan 2015 were H4 & H5. It was an easy decision for me as I booked the last H4 after about 20 seconds of consideration. At the end of the 1st leg of the B2B, I moved from PH10002 to H4 14510. It was then that I realized I actually liked H4s much better than H3s even though the H4's sole balcony was tiny (at least when compared to H3, H2 or H1 balconies). The fact that you are physically in the haven (making it much more convenient to enjoy everything in the Haven plus the close proximity to Cagney and the concierge's desk) and that you don't need to close the front curtains at night were entirely convincing.

As stated Cagneys is not aft, You are in a Suite so you have no reason to go to the concierge's desk, phones work great. The only day we really had to worry about wind was when we hit tha tail end of hurricane Mathew.

Loved standing on the deck day time and at night, whale spouts, dolphins in the day and stars and moon light at night. Also just a few floors down to the theater.

We were in 10002 on the GEM, and booked 9502 on the STAR.

Back of the ship? Cagney's is midship, and that's where the concierge usually hangs out as well, at least for part of the day.

You are absolutely right! It's embarrassing because I've sailed on the Jade for 42 days but somehow still harboring the misconception that Cagney is "near" the back of the ship (probably because of all the outdoor areas behind Cagney creating the feeling that it's the aft of Deck 13). Just looked at the deck plan now and Cagney is indeed more midship than the aft.

As stated Cagneys is not aft, You are in a Suite so you have no reason to go to the concierge's desk

We almost always met at the bar across from Cagney's (used to be the Star Bar, but I think it changed to a different bar since Jan 2015), where the Concierge's Desk is located, for port priority tendering and departure with the butlers, or sometimes rarely, the concierge. It's very handy since all of the Jade Itineraries (mostly Mediterranean) I've been to have been port intensive.

The portable phone is very handy - I agree with you completely, especially when there were only the 2 of us staying at the H1 Garden Villa - at times you can't find each other too easily even just within the villa without resorting to using the phone.

Edited by Kinofdc