Cruise parking in Sydney - Wilson Parking

Brushtail

I want to thank whoever it was who first mentioned Wilson Parking at Harbourside, Darling Harbour. They let you leave your car there for the duration of the cruise.

They quoted $140.00 for 10 days and $14.00 per day thereafter.

THIS IS CHEAP

Living in the Hunter Valley, it is a lot easier to drive down and park than get a shuttle such as Happy Cabby.

We went with Happy Cabby last time and it cost us $140.00 each return to Darling Harbour.

The worst part is they go 'all around the world' and pick up heaps of people from all over and it takes hours longer to get to Sydney and of course the same amount of time to get home. You are squashed in those tiny and uncomfortable minibus seats for hours.

Now we will just drive down ourselves.

Think of the cocktails I can buy with the money I have saved. :p

I'm hoping that the Wilson Parking at Circular Quay will let us do the same when we go on the Dawn in November.

How do others get to the wharf?

Hi Brushtail

Funny you should mention this. We were driving down and leaving our car in wilsons parking as well. But the girl's car we were taking has broken down and is getting fixed whilst on cruise.

So I looked on internet to see about shuttle buses - they were quite expensive as mentioned. But I've found a car hire - they chaffeur you there and pick up for around $308.00 - divided by 4 that's pretty good. I just need to ring and book tomorrow - hope there's one available. That's from the Central Coast by the way. They are called lakeslimousines. www.lakeslimousines.com.au

I'll let you know how it goes after I ring tomorrow.

Cheers Liz - NOT LONG TO GO!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

We always stay at the Gemini in Randwick, can get rooms from $99 per night on wotif.com, first week to leave car is free and every day after is $7, they have free transfers to Airport and Central. We did this last March for our cruise, as we have four and a half hour drive to the city. All up cost was $130 for one nights accommodation, 10 days car parking, transfers to Central and taxi to ship. Good if you want to overnight before hand.

Chez

Because we are sailing on a Saturday actually found it quite hard to find an available limo. Ended up booking a really nice guy from Soverign Hire Cars will cost $380.00 from central coast to wharf and return. Quite reasonable I think.

Chat later Liz

Because we are sailing on a Saturday actually found it quite hard to find an available limo. Ended up booking a really nice guy from Soverign Hire Cars will cost $380.00 from central coast to wharf and return. Quite reasonable I think.

Chat later Liz

Hi Liz

Noticed that Sovereign Limousines is from Green Point (where I live) and would like to know how your transfer goes when you get back.

$380- is a good price. On our first cruise we hired a limo from Central Coast Limos for $374 return (5 of us). We had a really nice driver that told the kids jokes, laughed at their made up jokes and when we got into the city opened the roof for them. On our second cruise, because we were travelling with other family members, we booked Kings and Queens Shuttle bus for $280- return (should have hired a limo again as we ended up being on different buses anyway).

Not sure how we will get to our dawn cruise in November as there will be 11-14 of us.

Have a great cruise

Karen

Hi Karen

Thankyou hoping to have a lovely and relaxing cruise.

Not sure what you mean by transfer but if you mean return - I just told them when I'd be coming back and he said no problem.

Hope that answers your question. :)

Liz

Hi Karen

Thankyou hoping to have a lovely and relaxing cruise.

Not sure what you mean by transfer but if you mean return - I just told them when I'd be coming back and he said no problem.

Hope that answers your question. :)

Liz

Sorry Liz, what I meant was "when you get back from your cruise can you tell me how the service was from soverign Limos" - We might use them next time if they were good.

Karen

My mum & I wanted to get a luxury hire car to take us to our cruise this time, I got a quote for $180 one way ( we only live 50 mins from the city) and $240 one way from another company:eek: ...unfortunately we will have to stick to the stinky old taxi's for $50-60, which still works out cheaper than parking the car! It would have been nice to go in a bit of style!

Sorry Liz, what I meant was "when you get back from your cruise can you tell me how the service was from soverign Limos" - We might use them next time if they were good.

Karen

Off topic here. Kazza, tell Rob we said "Happy Birthday"

Karen

Sounds too easy Jenny

We have in the past caught a train from Newcastle or Wyong but the bags can be a pest if the train crowded

Last cruise caught a coach (Great Lakes) to Central then a cab

I agree about Happy Cabby going all around the world but when I fly on my own its the best option. For me its $116 return.

I flew back last Monday and met the driver at 8. We didn't leave the airport till after 10 so it seem to take forever

I have emailed Wilsons to ask about the parking - not expecting a reply till after Easter

How did you contact them?

Di

I went to their website www.wilsonparking.com.au and clicked on NSW -and Sydney South and then Harbourside and then I phoned them on the number they had on line.

Harbourside 047

Murray Street, Pyrmont 2009

Phone 9552 2330

They confirmed that they have long term cruise parking and they said it was $14.00 per day. ($140.00 for 10 day cruise and $14.00 per day thereafter)

They said they do not take bookings, just drive up, take the ticket and park. Then when you get back, present the ticket and pay. Then drive home. Sounds easy.

I will be confirming it all again before we go in 3 weeks. Only Harbourside do this, not the other Wilson Parking stations.

We will get there early, park the car and then explore Darling Harbour. Then go back to the car, unload and get a cab to Wharf 8.

Much cheaper than Happy Cabby.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Didiaust, we used Wilson Parking as planned.

We drove down to Wharf 8 at Darling Harbour where the Sun was berthed and decked out in bunting, we parked our car in the free parking area and offloaded our larger luggage to be taken onboard the ship.

Then we drove around to the other side of Darling Harbour to Murray Street and to the parking station. The name of the parking station has been changed from Wilson Parking to Harbourside parking. (This caused us some confusion and I raced inside one of the hotels and asked if was Wilsons Parking, they confirmed that it was)

It is a huge parking station that runs nearly the whole length of the block with two hotels above it. One of the hotels is the Novotel. Even though there are two entrances, it is the one carpark.

We drove in and found a parking spot.

Then we went to the auto pay machine on level 4 which is the street entry level, and pressed the buzzer and spoke to an attendant.

We then filled in a P&O form, gave him the ticket we received at the boom gate, and got a taxi to Wharf 8. The taxi cost $10.00.

The return journey was the same. We offloaded our luggage onto the footpath from the taxi and, leaving me to guard it, Phil went in to pay the attendant and get the car. He picked me and the luggage up and we drove home.

Easy Peasy.

Interestingly, the parking station has it's own Monorail station. It is Convention Centre.

Good luck. :)

• 2 years later...

Just bumping this for Rasa Sayang...... :)

We've used this way of parking our car in Sydney a further 5 times for cruises since my original post back in 2007. :D

The last time was in February when we cruised around New Zealand. The price is still $14.00 per day and it's still the best way for us to get to Sydney.

We've never had any problems with it and intend to do the same for our upcoming cruises. icon14.gif

Edited by Brushtail

Thanks for that Jen,:)

Good information re the parking.

Maybe there could be some sort of "sticky" put on this or a similar post - it seems to be a topic that is valuable and comes up occasionally.

Edited by Rasa Sayang

Oh yeah, I remember. We had a 9 night cruise once and had to pay for the 10. I forgot about that.

Most cruises out of Sydney are the longer cruises.

Edited by Brushtail

Hi!

Just thought I'd also add to the list of cruisers that have used Wilsons - we have left our car there 4 times - no dramas and much better value than other 'transfers' available (we have 2 kids aged 3 and 5 and they are also charged at full rate - which I understand given they take up a seat - adds up to a very expensive minibus ride though!).

We also left from Circular Quay last time and we caught the ferry around from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay - the look on the kids' faces as we came under the bridge and Rhapsody of the Seas was looming over us - PRICELESS!! Some great photo opps too!!

Dea

I have spoken to them, it is 10 days minimum, i need parking for 3 nights, K

depends where you are coming from, you could stay at a motel and they might let you park for free

I live in Sydney, not really worth it. My friend always stays at a motel near the airport when they fly O/S, they leave the car there ,, don't think it is allowed but they never have a problem , they do it 4 or 5 times a year.

Ken

We use Central Coast Limos and it is only $250 (each way) for a stretch - Daniel will be here on the 8th of May to take us down to Wharf 8 and then pick us up again and bring us home - it's a great service.

Di