Anyone else thinking of cancelling Canada 5 day?

We're getting really nervous about our 5 day cruise on the Voyager. We have never been on a cruise where we did not board by 1:00. We never noticed the 10PM boarding time. If we cancel with BestPrice we will have to pay $75. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you are conviced that the late boarding time will upset you then my advise to you would be to choose another cruise using Bestpricecruises. It would be very unlikely that they will then charge you the cancellation fee!

I have never used BestPriceCruise, but heard lots of nice things about them. Please post your opinion after you cancel the cruise. Thanks icon_smile.gif

BTW, just out of curiosity, why is the 10:00PM not in your favor?

Good luck icon_smile.gif

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas

July 4, 2004 - Sapphire Princess - Alaska

I may be wrong, but I believe this is the actual departure time. You will probably be able to board about 1:00 or so. The reason I say this is because if you will check out cruises leaving from San Juan it states 10PM boarding and that is the time for sailaway. We have boarded around noon there. Check with your travel agent.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;8;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

until

Serenade Inaugural Transatlantic August 3, 2003

Until Grandeur Repositioning~ Bermuda to San Juan Oct. 31, 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2003;10;31;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

dolph.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;01;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Mariner E Caribbean~Jan. 18, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;02;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Serenade S Caribbean~Feb. 28, 2004

Time by Escati~~http://www.escati.com

Thanks Escati <center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

RCI 17, Celebrity 1

Truffles2, no this one is different. The previous 9-day caribbean cruise doesn't even get in until noon. No way to expect to get on until late in the afternoon even if debarkation goes well. And it certainly hasn't been. I'm bringing a book. I got a great price on the 5-day and was fully aware of the 10:00 time. One good thing is we don't have to fly in a day early (from Chicago). Although yesturday the particular flight we are to take was cancelled due to the weather mess. I hope by our cruise (June 13) the weather improves.

I have been reading some of the reviews, and it seems that by the time we get on the ship dinner will be rushed and it might be hard to see a show etc.

People are saying that we have paid for a 5 day cruise, but it is turning into a 4 day.

I really wished I had noticed this before. Haven't decided what to do yet, but this sure puts a damper on it.

RCI always lists their cruises by the number of nights not the number of days and you will still have many hours that evening ( unless you go to bed at 10) to enjoy. Yes, dinner will probably be open seating so pretend you are on the NCL ships icon_smile.gif for the moment. We weren't real happy about the 10 pm sailing time either but decided to absorb ourselves in the attitude that we are going to have a great time regardless. We plan on taking a book to read while we wait or a deck of cards to wile away a few hours of wait time. Eat well before you get to the ship and pack a snack in your fanny pack to curb your appetite. Wear the clothes onboard that you would normally change into for dinner and save the time. Get to know the people around you while you wait.

As to cancelling your cruise- do as you like or adjust your attitude to fit the cruise that you already have booked. I know that by the time my cruise on VOS to Canada arrives they will have many of the bugs worked out and things will be running smoother ( 6/13/04)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

O.K. now you have me bummed too. I just booked the Voyager to Canada sailing on 9/5/04. I thought you could board the ship by 1 pm. I don't want to wait until 5pm to board. That is just not right.

When I have sailed out of San Juan, we were always on the ship by 1 pm with a 10 pm sailing. I didn't realize that the previous week's sailing was arriving back in port on Sunday so late....why does the ship not make it to Bayonne early morning like all other itineraries?

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

I truly can't believe you guys are getting upset about leaving later in the day.. what's the big deal?? three hours? You're thinking of cancelling a cruise for three hours? the brochure says you can board at 4:00 for heavens sake.

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

No one is complaining about a delay of 3 hours. They didn't have all the passengers off the ship until after 5:00. Having to wait all day in a terminal is not my idea of a good time.

Maybe I have a different take on this but I'm glad the ship isn't departing until 10 PM. Gives me more time to get there - earlier in the day makes me feel rushed. But also realize Ill be on West Coast time so I suspect that makes a difference as well.

I am definately thinking about cancelling from the July 25th cruise. I was hoping to be on the ship by 12pm-1pm, eat a nice lunch and then relax by the pool. I feel as though I will lose a day of my vacation.

I just want to say that I agree....you consider the first day part of the whole vacation....not only 1/2 of the first day.

And, I've just read that dinner the first night is "open seating" you don't even go to your assigned table to meet your waiters, etc. That is just not right in my opinion

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Does anyone know what the policy is for the insurance if you cancel your cruise? We already paid for it, and I was wondering if they would refund you the amount you paid.

Also, I'm glad that we are not the only ones who are annoyed by this situation, it makes me feel a little better.

We are also going on the 7/25/04 to Canada. When we have been onboard by midafternoon, we feel that we have gotten our money's worth for that day. This is will be a bit different but we are still looking forward to the cruise. All of the confusion yesterday with the 9night debarkation is very worrisome but I figure that RCCL is bound to have smoothed out a LOT of the kinks by 7/25 (and hopefully sooner!).

I agree that we'll take books and the gameboy for the 8 yo and just hang in there till we can board and eat dinner. I am wondering how they will work the Adventure Ocean orientation. They usually do it around 8 after dinner. Does anyone know how it will work on the Canada run?

Barbara

Monarch 6/02, 4/03

Enchantment 7/03

Sovereign 12/03, 4/04

Voyager to Canada 7/04

Navigator 12/04

Correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't vacation start the minute you finish work on the last day before you go on vacation?

Carnival Victory Can/NE

Sept 2004

Voyager of the Seas Can/NE

Sept 2004

Radiance of the Seas Alaska

Sept 2003

June 2002

so, you're angry with the cruise line because you did not read what time boarding was, and what time sailing was, BEFORE you booked the cruise... and now you want to cancel ???

certainly within your rights to cancel, but you really can't get angry with the cruiseline -- they weren't hiding anything

Upcoming Cruises

Voyager of the Seas in August 2004

Diamond Princess in February 2005

If I can put my " 2 cents in", this past February we departed NY very late on the NCL Dawn. I beleive it was around 10 pm and let me tell you that of all the cruises I have taken from NY this will alwys stay with me. NYC Is beautiful at night and it is a sight you rarely get to see. Just sit up on deck and enjoy!!

Celebrity Meridian 7/90

Premier SeaBreeze 6/99

Celebrity Horizon 7/00

NCL Sea 6/01

NCL Sea 6/02

NCL Dawn 6/03

RCCL Serenade of the Seas 9/03

NCL Dawn 2/04

Empress of the Seas 9/04

I think you should cancel! And try to get as many other people to cancel aswell! Why? So there'll be more food for me! Burp! opps excuse me. Oh and maybe we'll be bumped up to an owners suite.

Carnival Victory Can/NE

Sept 2004

Voyager of the Seas Can/NE

Sept 2004

Sept 2003

June 2002

I want to say that leaving NY at night was beautiful!! I was on the first VOS 5-night sailing and really enjoyed it. We were able to board early (noonish), but I would have enjoyed it just as much if we hadn't of gotten on until 5 pm.

Pam

Voyager 5/04

We're booked for this fall. While I wish we were able to board earlier, we're going to spend the day visiting the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It's very close to the port. RCCL actually has "shore" excursions for those people who arrive early to Bayonne, but we're going to do it on our own.

I just got off the 5-21 9 night sailing of the Voyager, and let me tell you, debarkation was a disaster! We did not leave the ship until 4:30 pm and there were plenty of people behind us. There were no porters available (they were "short-staffed")so we had to carry (push!) all of our own luggage. It was absolute pandemonium. The line of cars to get in when we finally departed (approx 5:30 pm)was an hour long. There is no way people were boarding by 5 pm. (Additionally, we had docked 2 hours earlier than anticipated, 10 am instead of noon! Imagine if we were on time instead of early!)Granted, there was a delay due to baggage concerns "beyond their control", whatever that means, but the first people were not called off the ship until 2:30 (was supposed to start at 1 pm. RCI definitely dropped the ball on this one. They need to work out the kins in a big way. There 6000 pissed off people on Sunday afternoon.

Well just back from the NCL Dawn and off the ship at 11 am. we did not get on until 3pm so I guess I was also gyped. icon_rolleyes.gif

O and by the way the way we were in a Wendy's in NJ ( across from the pier) the day Voyager was back. It was noon on May 21 and we met a large group just off the ship.

barbara02.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived