Queen Victoria BD Balconies

resordanis

Morning,

I have booked a BD balcony and I am just wondering whether the front of the balcony on Deck 5 is glass covered or metal covered. If metal, I think we will change to another deck or category. Can someone please let me know what category balcony I should be looking at for a glass covered balcony. Must pay deposit today, so any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The BD category balcony cabins on deck 5 are glass fronted. The metal fronted balconies on QV are BF category cabins forward on deck 4.

Regards,

John.

Thank you for the information. Do you think these balconies are fine or should we be looking for something on a higher deck? The price we have been offered at present here in Australia is amazing so paying slightly more is not a problem. Any assistance appreciated.

Thank you for the information. Do you think these balconies are fine or should we be looking for something on a higher deck? The price we have been offered at present here in Australia is amazing so paying slightly more is not a problem. Any assistance appreciated.

I think a BD balcony on deck 5 is a pretty good choice. It's convenient to the Britannia restaurant on decks 2-3 directly below. The royal court theater is only a couple decks below as well (though all the way forward). The Lido buffet is only four decks up. A lower aft location tends to be more stable than a higher forward location, so that's an advantage too.

Regards,

John.

I think a BD balcony on deck 5 is a pretty good choice. It's convenient to the Britannia restaurant on decks 2-3 directly below. The royal court theater is only a couple decks below as well (though all the way forward). The Lido buffet is only four decks up. A lower aft location tends to be more stable than a higher forward location, so that's an advantage too.

Regards,

John.

Thanks again. Your list of past cruises is pretty impressive too, so appreciate the information.

Thanks again. Your list of past cruises is pretty impressive too, so appreciate the information.

Thanks, although our list of past cruises in not nearly as extensive as many others on this forum. We have just made "platinum" status on Cunard so that's something anyway.

I can't say we have stayed in a BD balcony, so others that have actually stayed in one may have additional thoughts. One possible disadvantage of a lower aft cabin could be more susceptibility to engine noise/vibrations, but as I say, I can't comment about that from personal experience.

Regards,

John.

B.D Balconies are fine deck 4 ones are slightly bigger ( 6 inch's in depth) than those above 12 of my last Britannia cabins on either the Q.V or Q.E. have been B.D.

Thanks, zider. Just to make sure we haven't confused the OP, the aft balcony cabins on deck 4 (with the slightly deeper balconies) are actually category BE rather than BD. A relatively minor detail, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

Thanks, zider. Just to make sure we haven't confused the OP, the aft balcony cabins on deck 4 (with the slightly deeper balconies) are actually category BE rather than BD. A relatively minor detail, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Regards,

John.

Hi Can you advise whether the BD balcony is sheltered and it has a glass front?

Hi Can you advise whether the BD balcony is sheltered and it has a glass front?

The term "sheltered balcony" refers to the in-hull balconies on decks 4, 5, and 6 of the QM2. These balconies have a metal front that extends from floor to ceiling with a cutout for viewing out. That metal front is actually part of the ship's hull. See this recent thread for pictures of sheltered balconies on the QM2.

Queen Mary 2 Questions

There are no sheltered balconies per se on QV or QE. The metal fronted balconies I mentioned earlier on deck 4 forward are not considered to be sheltered balconies since the metal fronts on those balconies only extend to the height of the railing, the same height as the glass fronted balconies.

Regards,

John.

The term "sheltered balcony" refers to the in-hull balconies on decks 4, 5, and 6 of the QM2. These balconies have a metal front that extends from floor to ceiling with a cutout for viewing out. That metal front is actually part of the ship's hull. See this recent thread for pictures of sheltered balconies on the QM2.

Queen Mary 2 Questions

There are no sheltered balconies per se on QV or QE. The metal fronted balconies I mentioned earlier on deck 4 forward are not considered to be sheltered balconies since the metal fronts on those balconies only extend to the height of the railing, the same height as the glass fronted balconies.

Regards,

John.

Thanks again, will stick with the balcony on deck 5. Appreciate your assistance.

Cheryle

We have done many cruises on QV and always book this grade of stateroom. They are well positioned and I have never felt too much motion in the room even when the conditions have been quite rough in the Bay of Biscay in the winter time.

The balconies have glass fronts and you have a good view from them.

Enjoy the ship - she's my favourite ship.

We have done many cruises on QV and always book this grade of stateroom. They are well positioned and I have never felt too much motion in the room even when the conditions have been quite rough in the Bay of Biscay in the winter time.

The balconies have glass fronts and you have a good view from them.

Enjoy the ship - she's my favourite ship.[/quote

Thank you all so much for the information. As this is our first cruise on Cunard, something we never thought would happen, I appreciate all information. I do hope the experience is something special!:):) We are going a bit our of our comfort zone, being Elite on Princess and Diamond on RCCL.

Thanks again.

We are going a bit our of our comfort zone, being Elite on Princess and Diamond on RCCL.

Thanks again.

Last month I took a friend on QV. He had previously been on Royal Caribbean and loved it. He quickly took to Cunard and felt it was much better. (The only thing missing was that on Royal Caribbean he had had an iron and ironing board provided in his room. You don't get that on Cunard. :D) There will be differences, of course, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Regards,

John.

Second the above comments. We did 2 cruises on the QV, 1st in bd (deck 5), forward on the hump; second on deck 7, don't recall the letter, both were very good. Would be very happy to do a db again on deck 5.

Second the above comments. We did 2 cruises on the QV, 1st in bd (deck 5), forward on the hump; second on deck 7, don't recall the letter, both were very good. Would be very happy to do a db again on deck 5.

Thanks all, still not sure whether we should try for a BD on a higher deck. Currently have 5179. We usually have cabins on higher decks. Also , never had an iron or ironing board on Royal Caribbean, always thought they were totally banned.

I am just looking forward to the experience. Cheryle