Maui Car Service

SonoranDevil

Hello everyone! My wife and I will be sailing on POA in October for our 10th Anniversary. We were married on Maui on November 2, 2006 during one of the worst storms they had seen in quite a while. I only mention this because our planned beach wedding was a total wash but in true Aloha spirit, The Plantation House in Kapalua stepped in and saved the day, allowing us to use their facility for FREE!

We made a promise to each other that we would return to the Plantation House on our 10th Anniversary and celebrate! Since we have an overnight on Maui, the cruise works out, though it does present a few logistical details that have to be worked out.

We've debated renting a car and driving to Kapalua the evening we're there (the most economical option for sure) but we would REALLY like to enjoy a bottle of wine (ok..maybe a bottle plus) with our dinner. Of course, this would would be problematic for the drive back to the ship.

We're now kicking around the possibility of hiring a car service for our evening there, from the port to Kapalua and back. Obviously, this isn't an economical option, but some things are worth it, right? My question is two fold. First, has anyone hired a car service on Maui or have recommendations of a reputable company. Secondly, am I overlooking any other possible solutions here? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you want to afford it, instead of going up to Kapalua and having to return the same evening, perhaps take a condo overnight (you would have to research that as we have not checked if single night rentals are available). There is a free shuttle, as you probably know, within the Kapalua area, so you could enjoy the evening to its fullest and let the shuttle do the driving back to the condo. You could return to the ship the next morning at your leisure. Just some (albeit expensive) food for thought...

I'm not familiar with car services, but taxis are an option - and uber as well. However, I had the same thought as Silver Sweethearts did when reading your post ... rent a car for your two days on Maui and include a night in Kapalua - the Ritz Carlton is an option for a hotel stay (and Montage as well ... but a much more expensive option.)

Plantation would be awesome for lunch because of the views overlooking the bay - so another thought (and less costly option) is to rent a car for the day, explore West Maui, have lunch at Plantation (with limited alcohol) and later on enjoy a nice dinner and wine on board the ship that night.

I'm not familiar with car services, but taxis are an option - and uber as well. However, I had the same thought as Silver Sweethearts did when reading your post ... rent a car for your two days on Maui and include a night in Kapalua - the Ritz Carlton is an option for a hotel stay (and Montage as well ... but a much more expensive option.)

Plantation would be awesome for lunch because of the views overlooking the bay - so another thought (and less costly option) is to rent a car for the day, explore West Maui, have lunch at Plantation (with limited alcohol) and later on enjoy a nice dinner and wine on board the ship that night.

A taxi round trip would cost about $210. according to the internet, so Susan is right about renting a car. We also agree that a night at the Ritz or Montage would be perfect, but the Ritz wants about $560. right now for their least expensive accommodations and Montage $1,060. That is the only reason we mentioned a possible condo. Paradise is not without a price, but we like your romantic nature and hope you can find something perfect.

What a fun 10th Anniversary!!!! I would ask the Plantation House if they have any recommendations and insure that they know why you are spending the evening there.

Uber is available on Maui. Of course, making the reservation ahead of time is pretty important, which I do not think you can do with Uber.

And, one of the hotels may have a recommendation for car services that they use. Hoping you have a great cruise and rain free 10th!!!!! Cherie

Happy Anniversary!!! We used Maui Touring Company for 2 separate tours when in Maui. They also had hourly rates and we used for pick up to and from airport. It was $99 an hour. We had great tours and comfortable new vehicles, an escalade and a Tahoe or suburban, one of those. Have a great trip!!!

Perhaps doing lunch at the Plantation House would indeed be best. You will have a view then. Also, we do remember that the restaurant has changed hands several times since you were there (their former Executive Chef, Alex Stanislaw, is now at the Napili Kai, which is right next to Kapalua), and things may not be as they were unless you are just going to see the restaurant itself again and not the staff.

Perhaps doing lunch at the Plantation House would indeed be best. You will have a view then. Also, we do remember that the restaurant has changed hands several times since you were there (their former Executive Chef, Alex Stanislaw, is now at the Napili Kai, which is right next to Kapalua), and things may not be as they were unless you are just going to see the restaurant itself again and not the staff.

Thank you Silver Sweethearts! We've definitely decided on dinner there as we have other activities planned on Maui during each of the days we are there. As for why the Plantation House, I couldn't tell you the name of any of the staff we had the pleasure of meeting that night. We are returning to revisit the scene of the crime.

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! It will definitely be cheaper for us to hire a car service for the evening than it will be to actually stay the night in Kapalua.

Has anyone had any experience with Christopher Luxury Sedan service?