Craft Beers

dst87

Now that Michael's Club is closed to all but the most elite of cruisers, I was wondering if the fabulous range of world/craft beers would make its way to an alternative venue?

I'd heard some rumours that Cellar Masters would play host to the selection of beers, but haven't been able to get much confirmation.

Does anyone know? I wasn't keen on Michael's Club anyway as a place to relax with a drink as I always felt like I wasn't supposed to be there and it was very quiet. If the selection has been moved I'd be very happy!

We're on Eclipse in May.

Rumblings are that the craft beer selection will be sharing space in Cellar Masters. They could par down the number of beers as Bud & Miller are not craft beers:D This would move them from their sleepy little spot to a more central local closer to the action and loud music!;)

I'm am wondering too what will happened to those beers. Our only disappointment on our first and only Celebrity cruise was that I had read about the craft beer selection and didn't realize that Michael's isn't open in the afternoon and then opens at 5 only for the Elite's and Suites. This meant that the craft beer wasn't available until after 7pm.

Most serious beer drinkers will tell you they like it in the late afternoon so maybe if they get moved it will be somewhere accessible more often. Here's to hoping!

I'm am wondering too what will happened to those beers. Our only disappointment on our first and only Celebrity cruise was that I had read about the craft beer selection and didn't realize that Michael's isn't open in the afternoon and then opens at 5 only for the Elite's and Suites. This meant that the craft beer wasn't available until after 7pm.

Most serious beer drinkers will tell you they like it in the late afternoon so maybe if they get moved it will be somewhere accessible more often. Here's to hoping!

Totally agree! I've tweeted Celebrity to try and get an answer, but no response yet. I might just have to wait until May to see what the reality is!

We were on Reflection March 29th and ran into the bartender from Michaels Club on our last Reflection cruise. He has since been promoted to bar manager and said that the craft beers were distributed equally to the other bars on the ship and that once they're gone that's it. I asked him about the Cellar Masters rumor and he said they're trying that on Equinox first before they decide whether to add it to other ships. I wasn't sure if Michaels Club would be private during our cruise but if it was, I had hoped the beers were moved to Cellar Masters. Alas, it was not to be. On a side note, I think the 123Go promotion really beat up the bartenders. I've never seen them so busy. I can count on one hand how many times I saw someone sign a slip the whole week.

We just got off the Silhouette March 30 - April 6th sailing. We had the free Beverage package through 123-GO. As planned, DH upgraded his beverage package to premium once we boarded in order to get the craft beers...

Went to Michaels and found out that the craft beers were no longer in Michaels as of our sailing. A crewmember told us they'd be in Cellar Masters, but the staff in there said the craft beers might be going going to the Sky lounge. By day 3, the craft beers (at least some of them) were indeed in Sky.

We were on Reflection March 29th and ran into the bartender from Michaels Club on our last Reflection cruise. He has since been promoted to bar manager and said that the craft beers were distributed equally to the other bars on the ship and that once they're gone that's it. I asked him about the Cellar Masters rumor and he said they're trying that on Equinox first before they decide whether to add it to other ships. I wasn't sure if Michaels Club would be private during our cruise but if it was, I had hoped the beers were moved to Cellar Masters. Alas, it was not to be.

Nooooooooooo!! :(

So no Michael's club in its original form on any ship? I wonder if any will be left for us in June? I def won't be upgrading to premium now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a side note, I think the 123Go promotion really beat up the bartenders. I've never seen them so busy. I can count on one hand how many times I saw someone sign a slip the whole week.

That's a shame - poor bartenders. I didn't get the 123Go promotion for our May cruise on Eclipse because I booked a year in advance before the promotion started (at least in the UK), however I booked at a significantly lower price than was offered with the 'free' drinks!

We just got off the Silhouette March 30 - April 6th sailing. We had the free Beverage package through 123-GO. As planned, DH upgraded his beverage package to premium once we boarded in order to get the craft beers...

Went to Michaels and found out that the craft beers were no longer in Michaels as of our sailing. A crewmember told us they'd be in Cellar Masters, but the staff in there said the craft beers might be going going to the Sky lounge. By day 3, the craft beers (at least some of them) were indeed in Sky.

I really hope there are some left for us. I'd be happy to drink them in any lounge on the ship :)

I wonder if they got rid of them due to lack of demand? It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think it's because people don't want great beer, but because Michael's Club isn't that great a venue that has strange operating hours. When I was on Infinity and Eclipse last year it always seemed a strange place to be.

I wonder if they got rid of them due to lack of demand? It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think it's because people don't want great beer, but because Michael's Club isn't that great a venue that has strange operating hours. When I was on Infinity and Eclipse last year it always seemed a strange place to be.

I think one of the problems with Michaels Club as a venue was the lack of mixed drink selection. If someone wanted a mixed drink, the waitress had to go out to the Ensemble Lounge to get it. While the staff was happy to do it, my wife felt it was a slight annoyance. It was a rare occasion to see anyone taking advantage of the cognacs and whiskeys. Closing it for private parties didn't help either. That occurred once or twice that I remember. Even if they opened later, people probably would have already found some place else to go.

Edited by Big_G

We had dinner with the Captain of Equinox last week and he confirmed that when she goes into dry dock in a couple of weeks, they will convert Cellar Masters to a new venue that will have the craft beers. The way Cellar Masters is now, it generates far too little income, so it's being changed.

On our past two cruises, we would have loved to hang out in Cellar Masters to try some new wines, but there was rarely a bartender in sight. Michael's Club was great on Summit last year, always a live guitar or vocalist in there and a decent crowd. Will be sorry to lose that. Hopefully the new Cellar Masters will fill the void.

We had dinner with the Captain of Equinox last week and he confirmed that when she goes into dry dock in a couple of weeks, they will convert Cellar Masters to a new venue that will have the craft beers. The way Cellar Masters is now, it generates far too little income, so it's being changed.

On our past two cruises, we would have loved to hang out in Cellar Masters to try some new wines, but there was rarely a bartender in sight. Michael's Club was great on Summit last year, always a live guitar or vocalist in there and a decent crowd. Will be sorry to lose that. Hopefully the new Cellar Masters will fill the void.

Hopefully the redesign will be along the lines of Vintages on RCCL, a full option bar with the focus on wines. My wife enjoyed Cellar Masters, I liked Michaels. Having the two together on Equinox in Nov will be wonderful. 2 laid back kinda sleepily places mingled across from the martini bar, should make it a wide awake place.

oh darn - we chose the silhouette for June 2014 because we loved the craft beer place in michaels, my DH was there every evening and most days it was difficult to find a seat

We even weighed up xmas 2015 based on the Silly having the craft beer bar and 7 nights v 9 nights on eclipse without the craft beer bar

We paid the balance 2 days ago!!

So do I tell him now or wait until he gets on board - he is going to be so disappointed.