Dress on Viking

royal65

We will be cruising with Viking in mid-August and it shows temps will be in the 70s. My plans will be to dress in shorts whenever possible. At that time of year shorts should be acceptable. However you will not see me in flip-flops.

As to what other are wearing, I do not really care. I feel that people can dress to the nines or come in as casually as they please. I'm will not be offended by anyone's dress. You will be welcome at my table. I hope for fair skies, smooth waters and for all to have a wonderful time. :)

Bill

I don't much care what other people are wearing - unless it's dirty and the naughty bits are hanging out :) Unless, of course you are on a ship with a dressier dinner outfit requirement. DH doesn't wear flip flops he says they are uncomfortable. I'm a woman who really isn't into shoes - my idea of "evening" shoes are flip flops with some bling on them. ;) I do get a pedicure so the toes are looking good :D

Captain BJ has posted this photo before! I wholeheartedly agree that the apparel worn in the photo, is often what is seen on Viking during dinner (during the summer months) . That includes the gentleman in shorts and in what appears to be tennis shoes and no socks.

Pursuant to Vikings published casual dress code, all of these cruisers fulfilled Viking's minimum standards of dress. No argument from me. Other cruise lines have different standards for dinner and cruisers having choice of the type of cruise they want to book is a good thing! :p

As to what other are wearing, I do not really care. I feel that people can dress to the nines or come in as casually as they please. I'm will not be offended by anyone's dress. You will be welcome at my table. I hope for fair skies, smooth waters and for all to have a wonderful time. :)

Bill

Bill, I think you have posted the perfect response for those who are concerned about what to wear on a Viking cruise. They should wear what is comfortable for them, and not worry about "fitting in".

On our recent Rhine River cruise, the dress was very casual every evening. One lady "dressed to the nines" in lovely, more formal, new outfits every night. She seemed to be having a ball! Others dressed in slacks, nice tops, etc. They seemed to be having a ball! Others wore jeans, tee shirts, and tennis shoes. They seemed to be having a ball! It was too chilly for shorts and flip flops on our cruise, but I'm sure anyone wearing them would have been having a ball!

Never heard one complaint or saw one raised eyebrow at anyone's dress. We were all too busy having a ball to worry about what anyone else wore. We just looked forward to those delicious dinners, and visiting with all the new friends we had made on board.

"Fair skies, smooth waters, and a wonderful time" are all so much more important than what we wear to dinner.