Limon tour choice?

cruzyduzy

We are trying to decide on these two tours while in Puerto Limon.

Tortuguero Canal or Veragua Rainforest . Has anyone done both so as to give a comparison?

I have emailed several of the tour operators as they all seem to offer similar tours, but am having a hard time choosing between these two tours. Any help appreciated.

Jan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cruzyduzy, can I ask which tour company you are using.

Thanks,

Deb.

We are using Jorge Ramírez Morales <jorgel.cr@hotmail.com>. He has been fantastic to work with and will tailor your tour to your liking. We are not sailing until Jan 2015, so can't verify anything about him other than the ease of communication with him. If you do a search on here, you will see good reviews from others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cruzyduzy, can you tell me how much Jorge Ramírez Morales charged you. We are also thinking of hiring a private dirver to take us to the Tortuguero Canal and Veragua Rainforest. Did you have to hire a separate guide at each place?

Thanks,

Smita

Edited by svmodi

• 1 month later...
Cruzyduzy, can you tell me how much Jorge Ramírez Morales charged you. We are also thinking of hiring a private dirver to take us to the Tortuguero Canal and Veragua Rainforest. Did you have to hire a separate guide at each place?

Thanks,

Smita

Sorry, but I have not checked back in for a while. We do not go to Costa Rica until January 2015, but I can answer your questions. He is charging $350 for a van of 8 people for the day. We will be paying additional for entry to Veragua $66 ea and $15 ea for the canal boat. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

On Nov. 18th My ship the MSC Divina spent the day in port at Limon Costa Rica and I and four others spent the day touring the area with Jorge Ramirez Morales. (jorgel.cr@hotmail.com). He gave us a wonderful day taking us to the Tortuguero Canal where I had a chance to get up real close with a Sloth and to get up real close to nature. We Toured a Banana Plantation where he showed off his knowledge of the banana plant(not tree) and how they process them. Had a wonderful lunch on the beach and he ate with us which We all really enjoyed stopping at a refreshment stand on the road where I tasted one of the best small bananas I ever had as well as the fresh coconut juice right out of the coconut itself. He supplied refreshments in his vehicle and was fun to be with for the day.I highly recommend him if you are visiting Limon Costa Rica.:cool:

I will echo what Heeb said, as we were with them on our wonderful small group tour with Jorge Louis Ramirez Morales in November 2014. Jorge took very good care of the group, and was so very personable. The tour of a neighborhood fruit stand, banana plantation, and Tortoguero Canal were terrific. His arrangement for the boat tour was with a small operator (and small boat!), unlike the larger boats we saw many fellow passengers riding. This translated to a more personalized tour, in our opinion. Jorge even joined us for lunch, and it was such a pleasure to talk about any and all things Costa Rica. We hope to travel to Costa Rica again, and would not hesitate to contact him.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello!

Thanks so much for contact me. It will be my pleasure to give such a great tour on November 2015.

First I would like to explain you a couple of things. Now I am in USA. I will be coming back to Costa Rica around 13-16 on November 2015.

If your arrival is before this time, I will not be able to be your personal tour guide. In the other hand I keep my own team in Costa Rica.

If this is fine for you I will provide the right people who will give a very professional service. Just in order to do the right plan I would like to know if this sounds good for you.

For now because my job here in USA and if you have Facebook and if you want we can communicate batter on it. On Facebook I am go by Jorge Luis Ramirez Morales.

Since now I will be so happy to be person who can give you such a great experience in my beautiful country.

Sincerely: Jorge Ramirez. Costa Rica. Pura Vida!

• 4 months later...

Definately do the canal tour. We did this in 2009 with Okey Dokey Tours. Just booked him again for january. He was the best tour operator we ever had and the tour A1 was terrific. I highly recommend him. he answered my first email within a few hours and has been emailing me every day for the last 4 days.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone hear of Tortuguero Wildlife Tour. I cannot seem to find much info on this company. I did check Trip Advisor and the reviews are very good but cannot find a website, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.:)

We will be visiting soon...Here is info I received.

Tour consists of seven things for a period of five hours:

1 - Visit to the banana

plantation.

2- Go to see some cocoa trees.

3- Stop at a fruit stand.

4- A

jungle tour of the canals of Tortuguero, for an hour.

5- Visit a white sand

beach. (Swim for an hour, bring towels and sunscreen, can have lunch at a restaurant there if you like.

6- A city tour.

7- Visit a viewpoint of the city and coffee

shops.

Tour will leave at 8:30 local time. We will walk about three hundred yards away, passing the three exit gates, away from the dock area on the main street. William Guerrero/Luis Martin owner(s), will be waiting there with a sign with our names. Their phone numbers are (506) 8371-2323 and (506) 2798-7027.

Please keep in mind that all times mentioned above are local Costa Rican times. Puerto Limon is on Central Standard Time, which will be one hour behind Fort Lauderdale when we sail. So if the captain chooses not to adjust the clocks, 8 AM local time will be 9 AM ship time, as I understand. If the clocks are adjusted by one hour, then the ship time is going to match the local time in Costa Rica.

• 2 weeks later...