Storing Luggage for a 11PM flight and tours in Papeete

Luckyladyh

We will be getting off the Paul Gauguin ship in the morning and our flight isn't until late that evening at 11PMish.

I see many suggestions on what to do - a 4x4 tour - looks good - but that isn't all day long. Any suggestions for how to spend a day until 11PM? And what do people do with their luggage during the day?

Is it common just to get a hotel room for the day so you have somewhere to go?

Thanks

We will be getting off the Paul Gauguin ship in the morning and our flight isn't until late that evening at 11PMish.

I see many suggestions on what to do - a 4x4 tour - looks good - but that isn't all day long. Any suggestions for how to spend a day until 11PM? And what do people do with their luggage during the day?

Is it common just to get a hotel room for the day so you have somewhere to go?

Thanks

Many of the hotels offer a day use rate.

There is a storage location in the parking lot at the airport.

Some rent a car and use the trunk as their storage area.

We have left our luggage at the flower shop across the street from the airport--so that we took only what we needed to stay on Bora Bora--they charge for this--can't remember how much--Also, don't need extra luggage to fly to Bora Bora.

Nancy:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would get a day room. This is what we have booked with Le Meridien.

Hi there, would you mind sharing how much is a day room at this location? Im thinking of booking a day room before and after Pacific Princess cruise.

For our November trip, I rented a car from Avis at the downtown location and dropped it off at the airport. We toured the island until dark and then got dinner at the roulettes before returning to the airport for our evening flight. I was very happy with how this turned out.

With our car, we visited the easily-accessible Vaimahutu Falls (Faarumai Waterfalls) on the northeast side of the island. Here is a link to a waterfalls info page: http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/south-pacific-vaimahutu-falls.html

Edited by Mercruiser