Philipsburg, Marigot, and Maho Beach

I know much of this has already been discussed, and I apologize for beating a dead horse, so to speak, but I'll do it anyway. We'll be arriving on Aug 26th, and as far as I can see, we'll be the only ship in port (7 am-5 pm). There are 3 of us travelling, and I'm trying to figure out our itinerary for the day, and the cost. I'm a budget minded traveler, so keep that in mind when making suggestions, lol. Also, we do not want to rent a car. I'm thinking of walking to Philipsburg, if that is easily doable, wandering around a bit there for a while, and then taking the bus to Marigot (for $2.00 ea). Can we then take a bus from Marigot to Maho Beach, or do we have to take a taxi? I am planning to take a taxi back to the port from Maho Beach. That being said, what time do shops open in Philipsburg? Is the open market in Marigot open every day? With only those three things planned, and traffic being a consideration, does it all sound easily doable without being rushed? Are cabs and buses paid for in US dollars? Thank you for any advice you can give.

The Marigot market has been open every time our ship has been in port, this has been mid-week. For our last few cruises we take a taxi to Marigot for the market and the restaurants.

I can add a couple of things as well. The stores in Phillipsburg are open mon-sat 9-6 and on Sundays if ships are in I find after 1 is usually a better time to find the stores open. Many stores in Marigot close in the early afternoon for a couple of hours.

Buses and taxis take US dollars.

Wed and Sat have more artisans at the Marigot market but it's open on the other days with Sunday being very limited at least when we have passed it on a Sunday.

I think that you can fit everything you mentioned into your day. Plan your visit to Maho around the planes so I General 12-3 is good. We like to visit Phillipsburg in the afternoon just before boarding the ship so we know that we are close to the pier prior to the all aboard time.

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you both. Should we plan to take a cab from Marigot to Maho, or can we find a bus? I know a bus would take a bit longer, but it would be a lot cheaper for the three of us.

I read that you would need to transfer buses to go from Marigot to Maho. I think that you would be saving less than $20 so to me it's a no brainer and I would take a taxi. Time in the ports is very precious to me so I'm not one to waste it.